LegacyGT.com

Bilsteins and RCE Blacks on stock wheels

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check with Eibach...I think they might still have the sport springs on closeout available.

PRO-KIT Performance Springs

2010 - 2011 SUBARU Legacy

Part #: 7722.140

Availability: 3

http://eibach.com/sites/all/product_search/th-PKK.jpg

http://eibach.com/america/en/performance-suspension/closeout

Is it normal for their phone contact to be busy? I can't seem to get ahold of them

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Is it normal for their phone contact to be busy? I can't seem to get ahold of them

I called yesterday morning inquiring and the lady I spoke to said the entire block experienced a power outage. Since then the phone system has been down. I suspect the PBX system has not recovered or they have the phones forwarding incorrectly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I called yesterday morning inquiring and the lady I spoke to said the entire block experienced a power outage. Since then the phone system has been down. I suspect the PBX system has not recovered or they have the phones forwarding incorrectly

Ohh, okay thanks!

Here are some helpful hints:

Get a set of Pass-Thru sockets to disassemble the stock shocks from the tophat since you need to hold the stock shock rod with an allen key to keep it from spinning.

The rear Koni spring perch (silver stamped steel) goes down like a hat, not up like a bowl.

Instead of pass through sockets I used impact socket held with vise grips and a T handle allen wrench and I was successful.

I have the spring seat as such. Instructions show it upwards??

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/amidroc/2010%20Legacy%20GT%20Premium/20160401_214641_zpscyrkbqhc.jpg

I'm actually the one that found that Eibach deal on close out. I have a contact through email that I used when I ordered. Shoot me your email over PM and I'll give the ladies contact info that I used to order my Eibachs.

I'm actually the one that found that Eibach deal on close out. I have a contact through email that I used when I ordered. Shoot me your email over PM and I'll give the ladies contact info that I used to order my Eibachs.

Pm sent

Talked to Anna at Eibach and I'm in for a set!

Now a question... Will the stock struts hold up with these? How will the ride be? Stock struts a bad idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on how many miles the stock struts have. If they were new, I'd say maybe they would be fine for 50k miles, if they already have 50k miles, I would say they don't have long before they are dead. Put Konis on your to-do list for very soon or the same time these are installed.

I'm guessing they're just releasing 3 sets at a time from standard inventory into the clearance bin so they can keep moving inventory. If they're out now, there'll probably be more later, at least until they stop production on them entirely.

You, me, and Cup_of_Joe, so that may about do it for this batch. If they're still on the closeout page it might be worth asking if you could still get that price, but I wouldn't count on it happening.

Depends on how many miles the stock struts have. If they were new, I'd say maybe they would be fine for 50k miles, if they already have 50k miles, I would say they don't have long before they are dead. Put Konis on your to-do list for very soon or the same time these are installed.

What's the consensus on the appx. lifespan of the stock struts with stock springs? Much past 50k? I bought my 2010 LGT last August with 60k, almost entirely stock. Not sure how much life to expect of the struts...

Well they sucked brand new, and they suck more now. You will be doing yourself a huge disservice to the possible enjoyment level of your car if you're not planning on changing them to Konis ASAP. Believe me, it will be like you just bought a new car and hind sight will hit you like a train. And then you'll get mad at Subaru for pulling the faux wool over your eyes.

Just got confirmation on my order from Eibach.Thanks to Mikeyvt for the contact info. Awesome price for the pro kit. Koni's are up next for ordering and will be selling my Swifts shortly thereafter.

Didn't have any problems requesting the close out pricing so get them while they're still available.

Well they sucked brand new, and they suck more now. You will be doing yourself a huge disservice to the possible enjoyment level of your car if you're not planning on changing them to Konis ASAP. Believe me, it will be like you just bought a new car and hind sight will hit you like a train. And then you'll get mad at Subaru for pulling the faux wool over your eyes.

I understand the Konis are a significant improvement, and one I'd love to enjoy! My underlying question is how soon do I need to drop $800 (+?)... 'need' being the operative word. Maybe the stockers are nearing their end... maybe not? Maybe a 1" drop will significantly lower their life expectancy?

Now, why subaru wouldn't upgrade the suspension on the GT is beyond me...

I understand the Konis are a significant improvement, and one I'd love to enjoy! My underlying question is how soon do I need to drop $800 (+?)... 'need' being the operative word. Maybe the stockers are nearing their end... maybe not? Maybe a 1" drop will significantly lower their life expectancy?

Now, why subaru wouldn't upgrade the suspension on the GT is beyond me...

I understand what you're trying to find out, but the answer isn't straightforward. You don't *need* to do anything until it stops working (and even then, you can probably still ignore it). Do you drive on perfectly smooth roads? Then they'll last longer. Do you drive on the moon? Then they'll wear out more quickly.

I mean, there are cars on the road right now that have completely shot suspensions and their owners don't know or don't care. So, when you say "need", what is it, exactly, are you asking for? To me, I interpret it to ask "When will I be unable to tolerate the suspension?" which then leads to GTEASER's previous thoughts on the subject.

Archived