LegacyGT.com

DAM Sensor

dam sensor, always causing trouble.

On a more helpful note:

I believe you are referring to the IAM. The value drops when the car sees repeated knock events and can't correct using fuel trims or by pulling timing. Check for false knock (something rattling around, loose bolts near knock sensor, etc). Can you post a LV?

I called a local Subi place near me called Ralli Spec. they said same thing its pulling timing. they asked if I just got any gas. prob cause could just be bad gas, so he said drive it easy until that gas is gone. prob is I have a half tank. I was getting a nock the sensor should always be 0 I seen it go to 1.6 a few time today. I'm not to familiar with things like that I just listen and watch when I'm told this shouldn't go under 1 for the Dynamic Air Multi aka DAM. The subi does need alittle bit of tlc. I'm getting a small evap leak that I have to get fixed before I take it to prime up in central jersey to get tuned.

turbo blew back in august. I upgraded the stock turbo to a vf52. also put a front mount, 850cc injectors, new killer b oil pickup and windage. the car was tuned before the front mount was put on. I just put that on about 3 weeks ago so that's the main reason I need a tune. but it has an small evap leak somewhere I have to get corrected before I can get the new tune. Its been driving fine, I brought it to ralli spec they said to get the tune done to correct the air ratio. I just havn't had time to take it to prime yet.

Rallispec should be able to take care of you. They are correct that the car needs to be mechanically sound before the retune, you need to do this as your 1st priority even though the car still runs enough to get you around right now. dont drive it until you can have it properly fixed, then tuned for your current set of mods.

second, check out this thread for DAM/knock info that another member just posted about:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/knock-knock-251409.html

I got it tuned right after the injectors were upgraded to the 850cc. I didn't retune after the front mount was added. the only banjo bolt and filter I changed was the one connected to the turbo.

Archived