LegacyGT.com

Do All Our 4th Gen LGTs Have This STI Bar/Mount?

I've noticed that my stock 2006 LGT has a STI branded bar/mount running across the back of the engine compartment. Is this standard on these cars or did the first owner add this as an aftermarket part? I've looked at google pics of other 2006 engine compartments and didn't see this installed on those cars.

Maybe I'm wrong and all Fourth Gen LGTs have this bar/mount. Also, I am not mechanically inclined so iwhat is its purpose? Just curious.

IMG_2792.JPG.f8e85723550c5e06bac5d58d1e8ef176.JPG

IMG_2793.JPG.c0949e4070985770bd812c9ab73317dc.JPG

The LGT unibody is actually very stiff right from the factory without this bar. These are usually considered bling on our cars, but may have some minimal effect. If you have to choose between a larger top mount intercooler and a strut bar, go with the intercooler every time. Oh, and if it really is totally stock otherwise, then you should consider changing the uppipe and checking your banjo bolt filters (search here on LGT.com for more info). If not inclined to do it yourself, feel free to pay somebody. These are threats to your turbo and thus, your engine and should be dealt with. Welcome to LGT.com!

Rear strut braces are another story though. Especially on the wagon's. Mine creaks and moans like crazy whereas a mates i've spent a bit of time in, with strut bars and a few lower ones aswell doesn't make a peep.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Yes, I have checked and then removed the banjo bolts. I have not changed the uppipe but my mechanic has checked for shaft play and feels it is in good shape (car has 98k miles on it now). I check the oil level every week and always make sure to have a little extra oil put in during oil changes, per my mechanic's advise. I've driven this LGT for 8 years. So far, so good. Love the car.

Rear strut braces are another story though. Especially on the wagon's. Mine creaks and moans like crazy whereas a mates i've spent a bit of time in, with strut bars and a few lower ones aswell doesn't make a peep.

I've heard plenty of creaking and moaning in the back of my wagon... How IS your mom, BTW?

:spin:

Those are not stock in US, but seemed like it was an option on JDM Legacy's.

I know there is a lot of hate against strut bars on these cars, but I installed that same strut bar and noticed a difference (on stock suspension), but I autocross and am used to noticing small improvements. YMMV though, especially if you drive like a decent person :).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived