LegacyGT.com

Help with tgv motor

Sooooo I fucked up the sensor directly in front of the turbo on the tgv motor and I found a guy on eBay who is selling just the sensors alone... I was wondering if this is even possible because I was always under the impression that I would need to change the entire motor because I know the sensor is spring loaded and I didn't know they were sold separately. Does anyone have any idea if this guy is trying to rip people off or if the sensors alone will work and I could just replace it alone. Please help

Have you looked into doing TGV deletes? I have an 05 LGT wagon. I had the same issue when I put in the VF52, the turbo was closer to that TGV sensor and I kept getting CELs that the TGV sensor circuit was running high. I decided to just have a local Subaru shop do TGV deletes, which entails removing the motors, sensors, and machining out the valves. No CEL. MOAR air. When I had that done they said I didn't need to be tuned for that, but I had my car tuned anyway (mainly due to the new VF52 though.)

Archived