LegacyGT.com

This year's snow tire thread

Langosta39

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hehe i cant wait for my nokians..

wholesale pricing ROCKS!

Wholesale pricing? How much and where? I am ordering mine through wakegantire.com and they are cheaper than anyone else that I know but it's not a wholesale pricing.

There is a big difference between the Michelin Atric Alpin's and the Pilot Alpin's.

When I was living in Maine, I put the Pilot Alpin's on my SVT Focus then transferred them over the next year to my EVO 8. I was commuting 150 miles a day round trip and the Pilot Alpin's offered great performance on dry payment and never let me down in the snow. Obviously I did a lot of highway driving on cleared roads, but I also lived off a pretty long dirt road. I had no complaints with the Pilot Alpins and that's what I'm seriously considering putting on the Legacy GT. I ended up giving the last set I had off the EVO to a friend with an SVT Focus who was previously running Artic Alpins and he stated the performance in the dry was night and day between the two.

I think it all boils down to what type of driving you do and how the roads actually are, meaning do you always drive on cleared roads, or are you driving in heavy snow and ice. I believe a performance winter tire is a compromise but a much better compromise than running all season tires.

I agree, wholesale pricing???????

Ted

yes, i talked to tom today and he said i could post his information up so that the rest of the "car club" could contact him and get similiar pricing.

lets just say my set of 225/45/17's was in the LOW 6xx's shipped.. haha

I'm leaning towards Dunlop Winter Sport M3's

i had them on my fwd acura and they were awesome!!!!!!!! never got stuck once. i drove through over 1 ft of snow just to get to a big lot to go nuts in. best mod i ever did to that car period. especially for $500. i would buy them again in a heartbeat if i had the money and a sep set of rims. they are also great in the rain.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

yes, i talked to tom today and he said i could post his information up so that the rest of the "car club" could contact him and get similiar pricing.

lets just say my set of 225/45/17's was in the LOW 6xx's shipped.. haha

That's pretty much what I am paying (I am getting 215/45/17 though) from the same source (waukegantire). I've been talking directly with their general manager.

If I bought winter tires right now I'd have to put them on a set of 17" rims... which I down't own rightnow. My stock 17'ers have the RE92's on them right now, and I want to keep them mounted until I complete my planned Evolution autocross school next year, which will likely MURDER a soft set of Azenis.

The current plan is to give the RE92's a thrashing at school next spring, then buy some Rota G-Forces with Azenis RT-615's and run those until next winter, when I will put some winter tires (Winter Force M3's most likely) on my OE rims.

I REALLY wish 16" wheels could clear my Legacy. I'd buy two sets of 16" wheels, one for autocross and one for winter. 17" tires are crazy expensive!

There is a guy ( finito...tab%&*k is his nickname) on the montreal-subaru-club.com that says he found some 16" that fit on the LGT.

Contact him, maybe he could help!

I also went with the Dunlop Wintersport M3's....should come in about a week. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I did a lot of research, and they were my #1 pick. Nokian's are supposed to be good, but for me they're too much trouble to find and they're pricey.

I got my 225/45/17 M3s put on yesterday and wow, what a difference. White stuff hasn't hit us yet but as far as dry traction goes, the car feels MUCH more stable now. I'm taking a 200 mile trip tomorrow so i'll let know how they do.

personally i am running M3's this year.. i was on Blizzak LM-22's but their sidewalls are alittle soft..

i have heard great things about GreenDiamond tires... granted they are re-cycled.. but 4 people in my office are on them and one has been using them for 3 years now with nothing but praise for them (i guess the embedded diamonds make for wonderfull ice traction)

Hankook IceBear W300, 225-55-17 with a V rating, and load rating of 101. $444 shipped from Discount Tire. Excellent side wall strength, minimal roll, handled way better than the RE92's on dry pavement. I like them better than the WS-50, Graspics, and W2's...and I have had them all in the same tire size on other cars.

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_1583.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_1578.jpg

personally i am running M3's this year.. i was on Blizzak LM-22's but their sidewalls are alittle soft..

i have heard great things about GreenDiamond tires... granted they are re-cycled.. but 4 people in my office are on them and one has been using them for 3 years now with nothing but praise for them (i guess the embedded diamonds make for wonderfull ice traction)

if they only made them in my size :(

Archived