LegacyGT.com

I want more power. I have a 2007 2.5i legacy ltd. I have a couple questions.

I'm sorry.

OP: you would be better off selling your car and buying an NB2 Miata with I/H/E. You'll get better dyno numbers, it will handle better, and you can use the money left over to get some quality hookers and coke on your vacation to Colombia.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NORULZ, just own the fact that you have an automatic. If you cared that much about looking like you have an MT, you should just own an MT. Do you even open your hood when you go to these car shows to show off your tuned 170hp engine?

Honestly if you pulled up next to me and started flooring it to mess with me, I'd just laugh and let you go. I save my speed for the track, not to be a ricer.

You do not have to be scared RZA :eek:, mean I'm not scared of a wrx for sure (win or lose). STI, yes :lol:. I sent him a message with good advice. Also I do not go around revving on subies ever, that's a Honda thing. There are many things he can do to class the 2.5i up. No need for WRX, I told if anything STI :) only.

I'm sorry.

OP: you would be better off selling your car and buying an NB2 Miata with I/H/E. You'll get better dyno numbers, it will handle better, and you can use the money left over to get some quality hookers and coke on your vacation to Colombia.

Miata, bahaahaha ok sureeee. You should have seen the junk one's at the show. mostly pre-teens driving them in highschool. :lol:

Work with what you have, add some parts here an there. school is first. I sure as you said your not wanting a car payment while in college. plus if you had one you would not be able to mod the car. :eek:

You do not have to be scared RZA :eek:, mean I'm not scared of a wrx for sure (win or lose). STI, yes :lol:. I sent him a message with good advice. Also I do not go around revving on subies ever, that's a Honda thing. There are many things he can do to class the 2.5i up. No need for WRX, I told if anything STI :) only.

Scared? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unlike you if I want to go fast I have the balls to take my car to the track. FYI the 2015 WRX is faster than the STI.

I'm not modding for power right now. I'm just gonna do small things to the legacy make it mine. There's a part of the car scene that focuses on mostly just having a clean ride and something that sounds nice ( I'll probably get a license plate that says slobaru, or an "i❤️Driving slow" decal so people won't try to race me or anything ), not always about the dyno numbers ( although I'm gonna get it tuned just to be safe). That appeals to me the most right now since I can't afford any performance packed cars or too many performance aftermarket parts that'll

I'm gonna baby it throughout college. while I'm in college I'll save for a new daily, maybe the current year rcf or wrx. I wish I could get a used lgt of wrx around me but honestly all of them seem like they'd only last me a few months to a year, while my leggy will probably last me 2-3 years after I graduate. Once I get the new daily, and have the funds and knowledge, I'm gonna sti swap it, and manual swap, it'll basically become my project car, but I'll have the proper knowledge and money to do it right.

Until then I might just save up about $4-$5k and get a bike. So I can just be done with wanting a fast car for now. Knowing I'm faster than most wrxs , stis, etc. will probably make my ego humble down a little bit.

Anyways, anyone know how I can get rid of the stock spoiler on my car? I want a lip spoiler or spoiler-less trunk.I've read you'd have to replace the entire trunk and reconnect the light connected to the spoiler. I could probably do it by myself or with the help of a friend , but I haven't been able to find the trunk to swap it with online, nor could I find any video tutorials online specific to my leggy to make sure I'm doing right.

while my leggy will probably last me 2-3 years after I graduate. .

ahh it should last you like 200K or longer it maintenance is taken care of. My out back is on it's way to 200K. There is a board in the subie dealer that has cars, serviced there that have190K- 290k, they are all still going. buddie of mine had a wrx that had 245K on it. You will be fine. how many miles you have? Oh and keep an eye on the head gaskets :).

Knocking 80,000 miles. I'll probably want to replace the head gaskets around 130ish miles

naw, Wait till they go. Mine started going at 105K, it was leaking very slow. I changed it 9 months later. Your might last longer then 130K. just keep an eye on it.

the reason I say keep the car is this, I was at a show this weekend and I saw one legacy. it was a 2.5i 2014. :mad: There was no 08-09 body style like mine there. I am waiting for my wheels to be done before the big shows start.

By this absolute shit logic of owning a car based on what other people say/do/own, OP should sell and get a Camry. You never see those at serious auto shows either. NA doesn't show up for much of the same reason: it has nothing to show at an auto show.

Do you think before you type?

Yep sure do pop the hood. Ahh I know I have a 4EAT :lol:. I tell people that. I just sold 2 MT cars

Is that supposed to vindicate you somehow? What is their follow-up question, after they get over the ill-concealed laughter? "Did you have a stroke and regressed?"

The purpose behind a car show is to show off unique and fast cars. A 2.5i is the equivalent of a toyota camry just with all wheel drive, just like fishbone said NA don't show up for that reason. 98% of the 2.5i owners aren't car enthusiasts, the other 2% find themselves on here and in shock when they find out there isn't much hope for making their car fast, and they quickly realize they bought the wrong car. I posted this in NORU's thread just now about comparing how you spend your money.

If you do all the things he is doing (E-tune, intake[?], exhaust) you're spending close to $1000 to gain 15HP, a little better throttle response and your engine to be firing on higher RPM's all the time than what it's really engineered for.

If you had a LGT/WRX/STI and did the same things you're spending $1100 and you're going to gain about 30-40 HP and 50-60 ft-lb torque, better throttle response and your engine firing on higher RPM's in which it's engineered to do.

So take our life advice, enjoy your car for what it's worth, when you're in college you're supposed to be broke for other purposes, not because you want a sick car. You have a very nice car to get you from point A to point B while in college and it seems like you have more money to spare than the average college kid while they're in college. Enjoy that and find a cheaper hobby while you're in school. You can still be an enthusiast and learn things about cars that you'll want to own when you graduate and get a job, we won't take that away from you. But save your money and spend it in a better way while you're in school.

Yea tbh you guys are right. I was looking at $2700 dollars worth of mods for a car that won't have much to show for it.

Kinda sucks. I was so close to getting a legacy gt too but the engine smoked on the test drive.

Tbh, I'm feeling extremely defeated. I've been wanting to mod since I was 17. I think for now I'll just focus on saving money , hopefully I'll find something less expensive to pique my interest.

modifying a car and maintaining it can be very expensive. Believe me when I first got a car and when I had my 2.5i I really wanted nothing more than to have a fast car and something I could modify but it was for the better that I didn't because I didn't have the means financially to do so. If you have $2700 saved up that's more money than most college kids have to their name. Use it on something you could enjoy, go on a vacation or something of that nature. Hell, maintain your 2.5i that you have now as is and maybe when you get out of college and can afford a WRX or something of that nature, you have 2 cars and 2.5i as a reliable daily driver.

Whoa, that's some good advice in this mine field. :)

Let me put it this way: I still want a Ferrari someday. Why? Because it was a dream car as a kid. Can I but one? Sure, sell the house, drop the wife and kids, flush the 401k down the drain and I can but a used one from many ages ago. :lol: Now, just cause I REALLLLLLY want it (and have much longer than I can remember) doesn't mean I should. You're making the right call OP. You will be happier in the long run patiently waiting to do this when it actually makes sense rather then jumping into just because you want it. :D Good luck!!!

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

^^ This is the direction I am going to go in. Adequate reliable efficient daily driver, and a second, weekend car that has more mod-ability. This allows me to tinker and break, without disrupting that great regular everyday car.

I messed up at this.

I bought the LGT to daily and not modify, with my accord as a toy to do stupid things with. I bought an Accessport V3 a week after I got the LGT.

The LGT is getting a downpipe and stage bro this week. The accord is slammed, loud, and much slower than the legacy (although it would eat the LGT around an autocross course).

The legacy gets 21mpg combined while the accord gets 29 having the snot beaten out of it (honda gearboxes can be shifted in ways that make subaru owners cringe).

I feel like a functional member of society driving the LGT. I feel like a 17 year old dbag driving my honda. I love both of them dearly.

Archived