LegacyGT.com

2008 SPEC B W/ 5K Miles

Holy sh*t guys!

I haven't checked up on this in a while and I read up on this bombshell! OP you just got toasted, both sides, butter and jelly.

Also... x marks the square number two!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5449696772.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a really poorly done Craigslist ad .... Not doing much good with no pics and inaccurate info....oh "not for sale though lol"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy sh*t guys!

I haven't checked up on this in a while and I read up on this bombshell! OP you just got toasted, both sides, butter and jelly.

Also... x marks the square number two!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5449696772.html

posting for posterity

STRICTLY A FEELER ADD FOR NOW....

I will be selling this car within the next couple months, and considering the mileage and the rarity of the car, I have a clear idea what I'm looking to get out of the car, I just want to make sure I am not out of my mind. I am looking for cash, no trades.

Lien on vehicle

Clean Carfax

Fresh VA Safety and Emissions Inspection 2/2016

2nd Owner

This vehicle as 6,xxx miles on the odometer. Garage stored for most of its life time. All maintenance is up to date (lol), and even put fresh tires last week. Dark Gray Metallic W/ SPT Air Intake, Factory Short Throw Shifter, and SPT Exhaust. As far as the inside of the vehicle, clean as a whistle. On the outside, some light scratches that will be buffed out soon on the rear quarter panel.

Also have an AP V3 (Stage 1 93 OCTANE OTS Map), Cobb catted downpipe (was planning to put it on but never had a chance), Grimspeed Turbo Heat Shield (Never installed), and a Perrin Turbo Inlet(Never Installed).

Again, not for sale just yet.

Photos tomorrow..

I remember in 2009 we used to bust peoples balls for selling their spec B for 24k or more, and that was when this car was a year old, but now 7 years later this kid thinks he can sell for close to sticker price? :lol: :lol:

The only thing rare about the spec B is that most people outside the Subaru world actually know what this car is. So again good luck trying to sell this at 30k to someone that isn't a Subaru enthusiast who will see it for what it is, a 8 year old Subaru for 30 grand.

Thanks Boxkita! Probably should've done that in my original post... Oh well.

I'm still struggling to wrap my head around why the OP is doing such a thing with this vehicle? I mean, short of him(or her, ya never know) getting it for super cheap and fixing it up at their body shop, surely they can't be profiting THAT much money. Well, at 30 grand they are, but nobody is ever going to pay that. Surely it could've been easier with another, more popular vehicle.

I'd be interested to see the Carfax/maintenance records and see when mileage was recorded and how much etc. Seeing what this has turned into, and what's happened on NASIOC I'd bring mileage fraud into question.... Could just be a clean spec that never had mileage recorded, with a new cluster swapped in. Or like many have said, left in a yard for a long time until it was rebuilt.

Seeing the drivers door, I wouldn't pay more than $12,000 for it. Having damage like that and no records indicating what happened is almost worse because you have no idea what the extent of the damage was.

Also... SPT intake with a Cobb OTS map. Really? That irks the hell outta me.

OP, want to share the full story? :)

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

That's a really poorly done Craigslist ad .... Not doing much good with no pics and inaccurate info....oh "not for sale though lol"

I seen better listed ads get reported and pulled.

I'm still puzzled why someone would modify a low miles car that they plan on selling from the jump.

Thanks Boxkita! Probably should've done that in my original post... Oh well.

I'm still struggling to wrap my head around why the OP is doing such a thing with this vehicle? I mean, short of him(or her, ya never know) getting it for super cheap and fixing it up at their body shop, surely they can't be profiting THAT much money. Well, at 30 grand they are, but nobody is ever going to pay that. Surely it could've been easier with another, more popular vehicle.

I'd be interested to see the Carfax/maintenance records and see when mileage was recorded and how much etc. Seeing what this has turned into, and what's happened on NASIOC I'd bring mileage fraud into question.... Could just be a clean spec that never had mileage recorded, with a new cluster swapped in. Or like many have said, left in a yard for a long time until it was rebuilt.

Seeing the drivers door, I wouldn't pay more than $12,000 for it. Having damage like that and no records indicating what happened is almost worse because you have no idea what the extent of the damage was.

OP, want to share the full story? :)

Simple.

I've seen this a thousand times in the Classified section. Someone thinks they've come up with a great money-making scheme. Buy low, sell high! Flip it!

They do it with junkyard take-off parts, pulling them out of wrecked cars for a few dollars and trying to sell them for more. Or with parts that someone is selling for cheap online... buy that turbo for $200 because you think you can sell it for $400. They always think they've invented a perfect cunning plan.

:spin:

something tells me he didn't buy this car cheap, he's having buyers remorse and trying to find something else. If you notice his one picture of his car "before a cruise" it was in the lot of a dealer. Actually, all his pictures are of the car in the dealer lot. :ohhh:

If this car shows up as a CFS on this site, at the OP's inflated price, it's DOA.

We have a price realism (no gouging) requirement, which means that member-sellers have checked the market prices for other "like" vehicles on the site and priced theirs accordingly. In this case a slight bump for low mileage and major ding for undisclosed damage.

And that's the same reason we don't allow members to scour junk yards for used parts, and then flip/sell those items on the site.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived