LegacyGT.com

STI Front Under Spoiler and REAR BUMPER SKIRT

I wasn't sure if this was just the lighting or if there was a colour difference.

I know some parts it's possible to buy unpainted and get a local crash/paint shop to colour match it to your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will need a car wash and and retake at open area to determine. :p

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got the bumper, garnish and tower bar installed. So yeah took me a few hours as i have never worked on cars in my life before this.

Here are some tips.

Subaru - 91112 GARNISH, TRUNK

1: Make sure you get the 2 bolts next to the lights on the left and right side of the trunk, its hard to see and hidden behind a small panel.

2: After getting all the bolts the panel just pulls out as its just clipped in. (Don't be scared!! Yank that thing out!)

3: I could not get the trunk release button out of the original hole on the garnish as its just big enough for the button to clip in. so i had to chopped it (no boot release until i solider that bad boy up.

Subaru - REAR BUMPER SKIRT

1: Make sure you pop out the black clips on the bottom of the bumper before putting the new one on, the holes on the skirt will match with the pre-drilled ones on the original bumper.

2: Get it straight! i had a mate to help me put it on and it took us 3 attempts before getting it on straight and by then the 3M sticky tape on the back was not so sticky....

3: There will be a hole for a screw near the wheel arch on the new skirt and it will match a pre-drilled hole on your original bumper, there is a small plastic clip that comes with the install packet you need to clip it on to the original bumper behind the hole on the new skirt, that piece will give the screw something to thread into.

STI FLEXIBLE DRAW TOWER BAR(SG517AL100)

Just put it on......

So yeah only got this far tonight, tomorrow will be the front under spoiler. that's going to be alot more fiddly as there is no pre-drilled holes on the bottom of the front bumper and all that it comes with is some random stickers and no instruction.

May I ask how much it came out to be in total?

May I ask how much it came out to be in total?

[emoji387] [emoji387] [emoji387] [emoji387] [emoji387] [emoji383] [emoji383] [emoji383] and Change.. That's How Much I've spent and still waiting for my parts.. Got mine shipped by boat so it's taking forever... [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji36]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I concur. Looks snazzy!

They look cool but I actually found them to be very annoying one day on my way in to work.

It was an overcast morning so I had my headlights on. There was a layer of dust on my windshield so I used the windshield washers to clean it off. Got to work and I did my usual quick clean of the front bumper and side windows (my garage is rather narrow & hard to access the passenger side of the car) - yes, I know I'm very fussy about keeping my car in showroom condition at all times.

I noticed there were all these dried dots all over the bonnet. "What the hell???", I wondered. Took a while to clean it all off.

Was only a few hours later that I realized they must have triggered when I used the windscreen washer - the headlight washers don't have a separate button; whenever your headlights are on, they will automatically activate with the windscreen washer.

So mental note - on an overcast day, turn the headlights off before using the windshield washer...

:lol:

Well I'll be dipped. Where'd those come from?

All Europen cars have them these days and some had them as far back as 70s....

They are pretty annoying as they mess up the front of your car when used.

I either delete them when ordering a car or disable them if they are there. They are useless and I am glad we don't have them.

Yes though they are a legal requirement here when your car is optioned with bi-xenon or LED headlights. I think it's something to do with glare from headlights on salted roads... anyway something that we here are almost never going to experience but we get our cars all messed up from the crappy sprayers.

Fortunately I got the base model without the fancy headlights - only one time I'm happy I didn't go for the upgrade :)

Yeah I find them annoying too. They activate when you hold the spray for more than 2secs. So have to do a few short burst to avoid it...

They only come on IF your headlights are on, so I usually dim the lights while using the spray and turn them back on again.... That usually solves the problem.

• 1 year later...
I do think the Cusco Rear Strut Bar helps though.. and it's only 180.00.. I installed it and felt the Rear was a Little more solid in Corners less body flex.. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160211/d63b207f0895d6cf034ab620fac4eaca.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Do you happen to know the part number to the cusco rear strut bar? Was there any modification you had to do to get it to fit.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After much enquiry I finally got an answer from a local dealership.

Subaru Australia want $1,500 for the Rear Under Spoiler painted and fitted.

Damn.. can't really justify those $$$

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Do you happen to know the part number to the cusco rear strut bar? Was there any modification you had to do to get it to fit.
I've listed the Part Number in trhe Modified Section of the Forum but look on the Cusco Site for a B4 Rear Strut Bar the 2010 and Up Rear Chassis is the same as the Gen 6.. You have to trim the Flooring just a little where the Bar Bolts in.. Simple Stuff.. Hope This Helps..[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived