LegacyGT.com

STI Front Under Spoiler and REAR BUMPER SKIRT

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those 4" tips might actually stick out from the bottom of the skirt. There is like a 2" gap between the OEM exhaust tip and what you see on the skirt. It is one of those things that you will understand once you see this in person.

All the cars that pics are posted are all 2.5i. If you look at the right side, it is a blank.

Here is a Shot of my Exhaust it sits back a little so I might not have any issues.. either way I'll make it work.. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160203/29fd36d42552c9825394ad10f5e3871e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

If you want to make it a bit more stealth you should remove the tip off the stock exhaust before installing the bumper. That way you don't see the round chrome tip inside the other exhaust outlet.

that's my plan ;)

It's here ! Going to install now . Brb

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160211/cdd8e595cb16f0dd8e9aced747b20a1b.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160211/134004aec3ded1b8faed67bf87eed0a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the bumper, garnish and tower bar installed. So yeah took me a few hours as i have never worked on cars in my life before this.

Here are some tips.

Subaru - 91112 GARNISH, TRUNK

1: Make sure you get the 2 bolts next to the lights on the left and right side of the trunk, its hard to see and hidden behind a small panel.

2: After getting all the bolts the panel just pulls out as its just clipped in. (Don't be scared!! Yank that thing out!)

3: I could not get the trunk release button out of the original hole on the garnish as its just big enough for the button to clip in. so i had to chopped it (no boot release until i solider that bad boy up.

Subaru - REAR BUMPER SKIRT

1: Make sure you pop out the black clips on the bottom of the bumper before putting the new one on, the holes on the skirt will match with the pre-drilled ones on the original bumper.

2: Get it straight! i had a mate to help me put it on and it took us 3 attempts before getting it on straight and by then the 3M sticky tape on the back was not so sticky....

3: There will be a hole for a screw near the wheel arch on the new skirt and it will match a pre-drilled hole on your original bumper, there is a small plastic clip that comes with the install packet you need to clip it on to the original bumper behind the hole on the new skirt, that piece will give the screw something to thread into.

STI FLEXIBLE DRAW TOWER BAR(SG517AL100)

Just put it on......

So yeah only got this far tonight, tomorrow will be the front under spoiler. that's going to be alot more fiddly as there is no pre-drilled holes on the bottom of the front bumper and all that it comes with is some random stickers and no instruction.

IMG_0902.JPG.edcb55517fd5b93c4d652626fe802d66.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG.16f8d5c4eb52d7c58ef1b9f29e06df35.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG.aff81227beb0efd437f8d29c7bcf9d4d.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG.3e38eb33329f13e9da6ed19e7fded092.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG.8343564231bf270c4af4c0af4ad0ad4d.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG.4bfdebe8ba5de524dd65c45efc6919ff.JPG

IMG_0917.thumb.JPG.ac2ab6d07984444034ad1cf5b09027f5.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG.ba94b0e76e4f9620bc4e9fcd41231d75.JPG

Got the bumper, garnish and tower bar installed. So yeah took me a few hours as i have never worked on cars in my life before this.

Here are some tips.

1: Make sure you get the 2 bolts next to the lights on the left and right side of the trunk, its hard to see and hidden behind a small panel.

2: After getting all the bolts the panel just pulls out as its just clipped in. (Don't be scared!! Yank that thing out!)

3: I could not get the trunk release button out of the original hole on the garnish as its just big enough for the button to clip in. so i had to chopped it (no boot release until i solider that bad boy up.

1: Make sure you pop out the black clips on the bottom of the bumper before putting the new one on, the holes on the skirt will match with the pre-drilled ones on the original bumper.

2: Get it straight! i had a mate to help me put it on and it took us 3 attempts before getting it on straight and by then the 3M sticky tape on the back was not so sticky....

3: There will be a hole for a screw near the wheel arch on the new skirt and it will match a pre-drilled hole on your original bumper, there is a small plastic clip that comes with the install packet you need to clip it on to the original bumper behind the hole on the new skirt, that piece will give the screw something to thread into.

Just put it on......

So yeah only got this far tonight, tomorrow will be the front under spoiler. that's going to be alot more fiddly as there is no pre-drilled holes on the bottom of the front bumper and all that it comes with is some random stickers and no instruction.

Looking Good.. My order finally arrive and is waiting to clear customs since my sponsor had a few more things coming from Japan..

I do think the Cusco Rear Strut Bar helps though.. and it's only 180.00.. I installed it and felt the Rear was a Little more solid in Corners less body flex.. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160211/d63b207f0895d6cf034ab620fac4eaca.jpg

Got the bumper, garnish and tower bar installed. So yeah took me a few hours as i have never worked on cars in my life before this

Looks great!! Looks like a 3.6R with the dual exhasts & chrome boot garnish. Very classy.

i wish someone stateside would make a front lip

The cost probably won't be a whole lot less. Just the shipping will be cheaper.

The problem is the Legacy is a (relatively) small market for aftermarket performance parts.

Likely if a manufacturer does make a cheaper lip there will be a reason why people won't buy this either....

Just look at the 3.6R lightweight pulleys which are selling like hotcakes ;)

Here are some tips.

Just put it on......

Very nice

+

The car dealer did warn me that the rear skirt might not be exact shade with the car body. And its more obvious with white than with the darker colours.

Just need to be aware and see if that is acceptable to you.

I wasn't sure if this was just the lighting or if there was a colour difference.

I know some parts it's possible to buy unpainted and get a local crash/paint shop to colour match it to your car.

Archived