LegacyGT.com

Head Scratcher for you all!

Hey everyone been a while since I posted. My buddy and I for the life of us cannot diagnose this problem. I have a 2.5i legacy 2006 manual.

After dropping my son off at my parents place today I went to start the car again and it wouldn't start? But all signs pointed to I must have not pushed the clutch in all the way so I retried and nothing. For some reason I decided to put it in reverse and then try.... and it started no problem [emoji58]

Ran a few errands thinking it was all in my head and to my surprise when I went to start it again It behaved the same!!!! So again.... I put it in reverse and low and behold it starts. [emoji56]

I have only one CEL for a bad o2 other than that the car has 319xxxkm with a full engine rebuild at 289xxxkm .

Appreciate any help or insight! Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I am not sure about this, but the switch I would replace. From Subaru it not that much. I had one done on my 04 STI and had a similar problem. My STI would not start often. I replaced the switch, and the cruise control one cause my cruise control would just stop working also.

try that, in the mean time put it in reverse to start it and keep going till you narrow it down.

Archived