LegacyGT.com

Car shaking and knocking

No one has any idea without more information. If you are not automotively inclined your best bet is to get it towed to someone who understands subaru turbo cars. Don't drive it without knowing more. If you have any diagnostic equipment like an ap or one of them wifi dongle things you can check the codes but it doesn't sound like you do. Get it towed, don't drive it.

Well It shut off while driving and dident start back up or turn over, and on my dash above the odometer it said ER HC and my coolint temp was to the H and it wasn't over heating or smoking. They said it was a blown fuse. Only costed 20 bucks, but now My check engine light is on plus the cruise control light is on?? and it's shaking and stuttering when I start it and try to drive. A sort of a knock sound but only At really low idle, on the receipt it said they removed my intercoler could they have installed something wrong? Or a lose hose popped off? Or should I just call them and let them know something's wrong again shouldn't they be kinda responsible

Fuses don't blow unless there is something wrong in the circuit. Investigate why you had a blown fuse.

ER HC comes on when the green test connectors are plugged together. Check under the passenger dashboard for them and see if they are connected together. When did you put the stage 1 tune on?

For the misfire, you need to check the basics: look at the wiring for the coil pack - is it plugged in? Is the coil pack installed properly? When were the spark plugs last changed? Look for obvious things such as something that was not installed properly or a loose vacuum line. You can swap the injector or coil pack (do a coil pack first) to see if the misfire travels to that cylinder. If it does, you have a bad coil pack. Look at the misfires thread for many, many pages of help.

You have a knocking sound like a rod knock? Have you checked your oil? Have you had your turbo replaced recently?

What intake do you have? Stage 1 OTS tune is not very good and aftermarket intakes don't play nice with OTS "tuned" and stock cars.

You should call the shop if you can't figure it out. The shop is only responsible if it is caused by their work.

Plug your harnesses in.

Seriously.

Check the backside of the connectors for pulled out pins too. My guess is the main engine harness under the intercooler got knocked and either it's not completely seated or the pins on the backside pulled out. I've had it happen.

^^^This.

The square things on the plugs are the coil packs. Make sure the plugs all connect and stay connected if you pull on the wires. Can you check all of your harnesses? There is one under the intercooler and another one should be at the top left of the engine bay.

I suspect your issue is wiring related because of the codes. I don't think the pins in your harness plug under your intercooler are seated properly. You may not know what you are looking for, so please check all of the physical pins and terminals. You should see metal in each of the plastic ports. If you don't, the wires may have gotten pulled out on the back (firewall) side.

Ok so I was looking around and I found that on my cylinder three the coil pack clip was Broken Probably why I was having a rough idle I still haven't checked the connectors under the intercoler yet gunna fix this first then see if it's runs good if not I'm taking the intercoler back off, Dose anybody know how I would fix this?? It's the wire the coonects in to the spark plug coil pack... Any help would be nice

Archived