LegacyGT.com

Killer Bee Oil Pickup Question

Do you have any fitment issues with undercover? What does bigger pan do for the car? Less frequent oil changes?

No fitment issues with the undertray at all. I spoke to my buddy at Moroso and he assured me that it would fit exactly as the stock oil pan does, just with the extra 1 quart capacity. It also comes with studs and nuts for the pan to the cases so when you install it, you aren't dealing with bolts or lining up anything-just set it in place and put the nuts on and tighten/torque (if you think it really NEEDS to be torqued rather than just tightened) and go.

The ONE thing I do not like about it is their damn custom socket head oil drain plug. I replaced the plug and o-ring with a magnetic plug and it still drips a slight bit. On the next oil change, I'm going to wrap it in a bit of teflon tape and see if it stops the drip.

• 1 month later...
I just want to double check here so i order the right one, since I am new to 4th gens. I have an 05 OBXT and need to know which pickup tube to get. is there anything else I should do ASAP? I plan on doing the oil pickup and removing banjo bolt screens next weekend

I just want to double check here so i order the right one, since I am new to 4th gens. I have an 05 OBXT and need to know which pickup tube to get. is there anything else I should do ASAP? I plan on doing the oil pickup and removing banjo bolt screens next weekend

You'll need an rtv gasket maker. I used fujibond red, which is what most dealerships use. You also have to jack the engine pretty high to get the pan out so be prepared for that. Seems a little sketchy with the AC lines but you can do it. I went ahead and did the baffle since the pan was off.

The rumor is that the 05 wasn't an issue with the pick ups If I remember. Pulled my at about 108,xxx and it was fine but whatever.

Look into a catless up-pipe. Some are known to fail and suck the cat into the turbo. I just replaced mine with an Indivia, about a 4 hour job, but worth it. Going to be installing my Moroso pick up later this week.

My OCI is 3500-4k using Pennzoil 5w40 Euro platinum.

I also run the Tokyo Roki Black filter

I could stretch to 5k but for what I pay for oil, and my own labor I rather just do an oil change.

I fill a solid 6qts and my dipstick is perfectly full. I burn approx. 1qt every 3k.

No fitment issues with the undertray at all. I spoke to my buddy at Moroso and he assured me that it would fit exactly as the stock oil pan does, just with the extra 1 quart capacity. It also comes with studs and nuts for the pan to the cases so when you install it, you aren't dealing with bolts or lining up anything-just set it in place and put the nuts on and tighten/torque (if you think it really NEEDS to be torqued rather than just tightened) and go.

The ONE thing I do not like about it is their damn custom socket head oil drain plug. I replaced the plug and o-ring with a magnetic plug and it still drips a slight bit. On the next oil change, I'm going to wrap it in a bit of teflon tape and see if it stops the drip.

+1 for a small wrap of Teflon on drain plug. spoke to Moroso they even recommend it.

+1 for a small wrap of Teflon on drain plug. spoke to Moroso they even recommend it.

Or Permatex thread seal. More oil compatible.

http://www.permatex.com/products-2/product-categories/thread-compounds/thread-sealants/permatex-high-performance-thread-sealant-detail

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators
Not sure if this was answered elsewhere but if you have the older 05 with the older pan, do you need a new dipstick and dipstick tube, if so does anyone know the part numbers?

No, you don't need a new dipstick or tube.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Is there anyone who has used both the KillerB Motorsports option AND the Moroso option? It'd be nice to see someones comparison of the entire package (oil pan, oil baffle, and pickup). The entire KillerB 3-piece EJ25 kit (w/ 1/2NPT quick change oil valve) is $728 and the Moroso kit (w/o mountiing hardware) is $445.16 for the steel version and $842.70 for their competition version.

From a simple price comparison standpoint, the Moroso seems like a better option, but when you Look closing at both, the KillerB setup seems to be a higher quality offering. Now this is all based on speculation, images, and reading reviews, so I'm hoping someone else can chime in and share their thoughts.

Which years of the 4th Gen suffered from oil pickup issues from a cracked pickup tube?

Did it effect all years the same or was 07 on different. I know my 07 has a different turbo and a few other bits were changed.

Also, what should I expect to pay to swap out this part, or is it an easy job with a DIY somewhere on LGT?

Thanks in advance!

Since this is bumped, the difference in the oil pans was the drain plug as well right? No more massive diarrhea flow that empties all over the tire and driveway instead of the catch pan? That was my push to get the fumoto valve in the 1st place.

Archived