LegacyGT.com

Twin turbo Infiniti Sedan...Le Drool...Le Pant!!!!!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 5 months later...

This is awesome actually, Nissan for ages has avoided bringing turbo vehicles to US. Subaru is doing the same by taking away all of our fun turbo vehicles.

Little disappointed in the 2.0T HP and MPG though. My 15 year old Infiniti, which has a 2.0+T, is putting down more then that to the wheels and gets 36mpg highway, though it is FWD.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

It is official...there is a 3.0T coming very very soon.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/infiniti-announces-u-pricing-2016-152115478.html

There will be a 400hp version as well!!!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

^thats ok, at least for me for now. Just makes it more justifiable as a family car to also have fun in. Id take a wagon version over a 6mt at this point.

id be interested to see what aftermarket ECU tuning support comes about and what kind of tunig potential either platform has.

too much to ask for a AWD version of the Red Sport?

the 300hp 3.0t AWD variants seem like a great deal though.

a lesser price alternative would be the ford fusion 2.7L ecoboost V6 AWD sport.

Ohh - they went there:

http://www.infinitiusa.com/sedan/q50/models-specs/

Yup - 400 HP / 350 ft Lbs (Twin Turbo 3.0) = $50K starting point - but available:p

Problem: From my understanding Infinity is really locked down in ECUs - so there is almost Zero aftermarket tuners.....

wow, under 50k for the red spord AWD.......hmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah...$50 for AWD with tons of creature comforts and 400hp.

You may not need to mess with the suspension at all. And, you can run 265 tires if you really wanted to.

Capture.thumb.PNG.9e5b6a290f491481ea00d533a9232410.PNG

Problem: From my understanding Infinity is really locked down in ECUs - so there is almost Zero aftermarket tuners.....

i bet that changes with this 3.0t motor. a platform like this screams aftermarket support. thing is probably good for 500chp+ with TBE and tune.

Nice looking car, too bad they didn't bring it to market a year ago. It would have been worth considering.

Still very happy with my SS, the LS3 is one hell of a good engine.

i bet that changes with this 3.0t motor. a platform like this screams aftermarket support. thing is probably good for 500chp+ with TBE and tune.

Since Infiniti = Nissan and the VR30 motor will have been developed out of the R35's VR38 I imagine Cobb will have an Accessport solution up and running very quickly indeed. I'm sure people are planning sleeper setups borrowing heavily from the R35 parts bin already. Now, when are they going to make a wagon version?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I just stopped at Infiniti to look at a rwd red version.

interior was A+. The seats could use more bolstering. plenty of rear seating. fold down rear seats but the passthrough is smaller than my wrx. no spare...runflats.

front tires 245. rears 265. looks like F/R wheels are different size as F/R tires had same stretch.

an awd version could potentially use the rear wheels all around for a solid 265 fitment and factory look. someone will eventually try the rear wheel on the front and post.

paddle shifters. salesman tells me the awd version will also have paddle shifters.

It is a fantastic looking machine.

Good thing Infiniti is moving to twin turbo motors. I drove a N/A Q50 3.7 a couple weeks ago, and it was a dog. Although, I will say it was very nice inside. That said, I can't imagine it would compare favorably with anything made by BMW, Audi, M-B, with which it is supposed to compete.

^^^ I dont know.

I may want an awd red version at the track versus an m3.

Add a transmission cooler, an oil cooler, race pads, good coilovers, and the 9.5" wheels with sticky street tires. Okay...maybe at that price you can get a camaro z28 or a GT350.

^^^ I dont know.

I may want an awd red version at the track versus an m3.

Add a transmission cooler, an oil cooler, race pads, good coilovers, and the 9.5" wheels with sticky street tires. Okay...maybe at that price you can get a camaro z28 or a GT350.

Like I said, I am not comparing apples to apples, since the one I drove was a naturally aspirated 3.7, which I believe is no longer available. This one was a dealer loaner while I had my mom's car in the shop. Her 2001 I30 felt just as fast, if not a bit quicker. I would have to drive the newer turbo 3.0 to see how that is.

I think if I was getting an M car, I'd get the M2. But then I have an old 2002 and the M2 is sort of the modern equivalent, turned to 11. After watching Top Gear USA last night, the Saleen Mustang looks like kind of a bargain at about $75k.

Archived