LegacyGT.com

Rebuild of 05 LGT 2.5 Wagon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can use 07 LGT or 08+wrx top feed fuel rails and tgvs. But the easier way to go is to get some injector dynamics side feed to topfeed fuel rails. That way you can continue to use your current tgvs. I'm currently in the process of swapping 07sti fuel rail and tgv deletes onto my car (along with the STI intake manifold).

You can get plug and play adapters for the injectors.

Obviously for any fuel system changes you will need a custom ecu tune to use them.

I didn't see the need for that, are you looking for much more HP ?

I think my stock fueling on my 05 GT wagon is plenty. The car is a blast to drive everyday.

Put that money towards ARP head studs.

You can get a 06-07 GT wagon also just not with a 5mt in this country. If I recall correctly.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Gex. Don't want to use current tgvs. I'm at a point where I can switch tgvs because I'm going professional deletes and the engine is a part. Why not make the change to 07 top feed oem tgvs? I have a 07 WRX/STI fuel rail already. What about wiring clips to injectors, are they hard to change? I'm going to be running 1100cc injectors.

Max. Do we go through all the pains and cost of rebuilding an engine for the same HP? 05 was the last year of the wagon.

05 was definitely not the last year for the wagon. 05 was the only year they offered the Legacy GT wagon in manual transmission. You could get LGT wagons with automatics until 07. I have seen several 06-07 LGT wagons.

The clips for the injectors are plug and play.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/product/ind-90-3-injector-dynamics-fuel-injector-pnp-adapter-uscar-to-denso

05 was definitely not the last year for the wagon. 05 was the only year they offered the Legacy GT wagon in manual transmission. You could get LGT wagons with automatics until 07. I have seen several 06-07 LGT wagons.

[/url]

May be he's not from the USA ?

You know me, I don't have a clue about these cars....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

400whp, your stock rods should be fine.

What are you doing to keep the 5mt alive at the high torque levels ?

Hint Hint, Moore Performance Blast plates.

Which interior do you have ?

108.....OBP.....2005 Legacy GT wagon MT Ltd (blk)

112.....OBP.....2005 Legacy GT wagon MT Ltd (tan)

400whp, your stock rods should be fine.

What are you doing to keep the 5mt alive at the high torque levels ?

Hint Hint, Moore Performance Blast plates.

Which interior do you have ?

108.....OBP.....2005 Legacy GT wagon MT Ltd (blk)

112.....OBP.....2005 Legacy GT wagon MT Ltd (tan)

right on max! already have the plates. the friend helping me with the build is pushing 660whp with his sti suggested it. i'm going to skip doing the rods and do just pistons. again, once we get into the motor tonight, we're know more. my oil consumption drives me nuts. head gasket needed to be replaced which inspired the build. i love this car and plan on keeping it until i die. the only thing i don't like is the shifting. on the track the gates are awkward. i'm running a short shift, wondering if the sti ss is better?

i have the 112 interior. i so hate it! i've never seen one with the 108 trim. doing track seats in the spring. might slowly convert the interior or maybe gut it.

For such a rare car, I swear every other person on this board has one.

maybe? it's getting professionally painted this winter rally blue. also going to push out the fenders to be able to run my g-force 17's (et +35) comfortably on the track. also i converted the front end to a 2008 legacy. hated the 2005+ front end.

When you say track do you mean road racing type track or 1/4 mile drag strip? Is this car destined for dedicated competition or a DD that also does track days like HPDEs or drags?

On the top feeds, you might as well go aftermarket parts. I'm not sure OEM would be much, if any, cheaper.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

When you say track do you mean road racing type track or 1/4 mile drag strip? Is this car destined for dedicated competition or a DD that also does track days like HPDEs or drags?

On the top feeds, you might as well go aftermarket parts. I'm not sure OEM would be much, if any, cheaper.

Road courses. Funny, all my DD rides end up eventually being race cars. So that being a pattern, probably. Not an any rush to convert.

Finding it easier to convert to oem top feed...so far. $200 + injectors. I like the 07+ fuel rail compared to the my old rail. Distribution and some line adjustments improve the fuel delivery. That's just from a visual inspection. I'll need to run lines to it a little differently, but not a big deal.

Were you the one that was going to work with a 3d printer company to make aero parts? I'm looking for a front splitter for a 08 front end legacy. One that goes back to the front axles and possibly adjustable. Also are you running ducting plates on the front brakes? I found a huge improvement on wear with my M3 race car using them. Even when it was a dd. Have you seen any fog light deletes?

Road courses. Funny, all my DD rides end up eventually being race cars. So that being a pattern, probably. Not an any rush to convert.

Were you the one that was going to work with a 3d printer company to make aero parts? I'm looking for a front splitter for a 08 front end legacy. One that goes back to the front axles and possibly adjustable. Also are you running ducting plates on the front brakes? I found a huge improvement on wear with my M3 race car using them. Even when it was a dd. Have you seen any fog light deletes?

I have DIY'd my own front air dam/splitter. I have no plans to make them. But yes, I'm involved with the High Desert Maker Mill and we have a great partnership with a 3D Scanning company, Digital Scan 3D.

On the brake ducts, yes I have them and they are an absolute necessity on a HPDE track or road race car. Mine are hand made, but you can buy the hub plates at http://www.lapponline.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69&zenid=sutouqh1b6svvderohoqih1ul3

There's lots of pics of my brakes and splitter in my race car thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cool-article-05-scca-wagons-floating-around-still-73859.html

Good Luck on the build, hope it goes quickly!

would it be outrageous to have them make one? i've seen some of the printers using carbon fiber pellets. i could send them a electronic CAD drawing. crap it will cost more then my car is worth to make it.

yes those are the backing plates i have. with the engine out, i'm going to try to route the hoses to avoid the tires. what is your wheel setup and et?

thanks gator for the luck. you know these never go quickly. it's a winter project.

would it be outrageous to have them make one? i've seen some of the printers using carbon fiber pellets. i could send them a electronic CAD drawing. crap it will cost more then my car is worth to make it.

yes those are the backing plates i have. with the engine out, i'm going to try to route the hoses to avoid the tires. what is your wheel setup and et?

thanks gator for the luck. you know these never go quickly. it's a winter project.

A local sign shop cut out my splitter design from an old Alumalite sign they had in the recycle bin. Alumalite is awesome for splitters. They have a 4'x8' cnc router that did the work in a few minutes. http://www.alumapanel.com/view_product.cfm?step=1&lines_ID=733&name=Alumalite

On the flat sheet I riveted up an airdam made from cheap Lowe's aluminum sheet.

I'm sure you can find a local sign company that will be happy to do the same thing for less than $100.

It definitely looks amateur race car and not show car though. That's ok with me because splitters take a heck of a beating at the track and need to be cheap to replace.

Check out my race car thread for an explanation and pics.

Wheels are 17" x 8" +45. Some are Enkei PF01 (460-780-8045SP), some are Team Dynamics.

• 1 month later...
sure is. thanks for your outstanding input. so useful.

ROFL! You learn quick!

I like the M3! Do you still have it?

Archived