LegacyGT.com

Post up you WOT logs!

joeleodee

Hey all.

Just because I'm fascinated with tuning, I like to look at other people's WOT logs and compare them against other ones and assess the information. Also, I'm getting bored with my own logs. :spin: So, if you would indulge me, let's have a look.

State the following to accompany the files.

-Vehicle year, make, and model

-Manual or Automatic transmission.

-Power upgrades

-Gear used to capture datalog

If you want, let me know and I can run your logs through the Airboy's Dyno and Virtual Dyno if you want.

Make sure at least the following is logged;

engine speed, boost, MAFv, MAF g/s, throttle position, load.

Thanks.:cool:

Ok here's one - it's a 3rd gear WOT log I did from September.

Basic mods:

-e85

-bnr 16g

-dw 1000 sidefeed injectors

-3" dp, resonated midpipe, stock cans

-custom intake/maf

-stock tmic

BtSsm_20150901_091210.csv

DynoChartEstimate.thumb.png.08ec294d5dcdc408f5eccb91762ce644.png

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Heres mine from my recent etune with Phatbotti Tuning(Phatron). Some info has been removed from the log since it was a paid tune.

'06 LGT

04 STi 6spd, 3.9 R180, RWD

Rotated GT3071 with 3" T04b Compressor housing(ATP) and .82 exhaust housing

Tial 44mm WG

ID1000

3" exhaust

MAF located in blowthrough orientation

93oct, SD tune

Log was done in 3rd so it looks a bit laggy.

1939233247_307193oct.thumb.jpg.ade90d533ee7db533dc333e268b0fb31.jpg

v13 wot 2-1.csv

Thanks guys. One thing I'm finding and I know it's no rule, but if all parameters are tuned properly, the peak MAF g/s is very close to the peak whp figure. I like to see the differences between the different setups.

Keep them coming.

And Bnguyen, are you planning on going e85 in the future? That turbo would love it. :)

I was on pump and E85 before I converted it to a rotated set up. I'm pretty much out of fuel for the Walbro 255/ID1000 combo so I can't turn the boost up more on E85. It hit 380-400whp/350-370wtq @ 20psi and IDC 95-105%.

With the high chance of driving to a drift event this year, I opted to just KISS and just get tuned on pump so I wouldn't have to lug a drum of E85 around.

If interested, here's my log with VD plot. I took this this morning and when I log with my AP, for some reason the connection cuts out in the middle of the run. Anyway, as you can see, even though I didn't log AFR, I know I'm running lean since I've logged it plenty of times. You can also tell I'm beyond my limit with fueling as the IDCs are at 111% and this is at only 5300rpm. :spin:

datalog27.csv

AVO450nov15.jpg.1ea1cf9a9a5551e9a293ac9f7c462042.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
That looks like a pretty solid tune. I don't like using the Mustang Dyno setting because it's low reading. For instance, according to your graph, you have picked up miniscule if any gains over stock and I can tell by the logs that's not true. Run it again in a different setting and take a look at the difference.

Go ahead and get a log on a flat road. I'll load it in. If you give me your tire size, that can make the graph more accurate also. I also just noticed you have a wagon. That's a little more weight which would increase the numbers in the graph.

But yeah, I notice by the log that's a fairly conservative tune. The curve looks good and your afrs are where they need to be. I'd be happy with that tune.

Ah, I see. I figured req torque would be a good indication of throttle position. And indeed it is pretty close! Numbers are a bit different (higher whp, lower wtq), but the curves look pretty similar in general. Thanks!

My pleasure.

I've noticed those differences when comparing a lot of VD graphs to real graphs. WTQ can read considerable lower with WHP just slightly higher. If that's the case in general, what WTQ would mine read on a real dyno. :eek:

The curves are similar, however. Either way, dynos read differently and they are really only a tuning tool.Thanks again for posting. :cool:

That's absolutely correct. That's why it's important when using any road dyno program that pulls are done on flat roads. The program is only as good as the data inputted. I do logs up and down inclines to observe how the setup reacts to different load situations, but i know not to use those logs for accurate VD graphs.

howdy, i'm looking for some constructive feedback. more so on how my log is showing knock... any advice would be appreciated.

05 legacy gt 5mt

catless up, catted down, cobb ap on stg2 91oct

3rd gear

log1: wot (didn't log some stuff)

log2: semi-wot

If you're not into diagnosing for knock, let me know and i'll show myself out 0_o

thx!

log1.csv

log2.csv

howdy, i'm looking for some constructive feedback. more so on how my log is showing knock... any advice would be appreciated.

05 legacy gt 5mt

catless up, catted down, cobb ap on stg2 91oct

3rd gear

log1: wot (didn't log some stuff)

log2: semi-wot

If you're not into diagnosing for knock, let me know and i'll show myself out 0_o

thx!

AF Learning seems high-ish, and your logs show single and double-count Feedback and Fine Learning knock in a variety of load/rpm conditions. Might be a leak (causing you to run lean), might be false knock from something rattling underhood.

Check out what your AF Learning #1A, B, C, D are, and bang on stuff underhood to see if there might be something rattling (loose turbo heat shield or other heat shields, etc).

AF Learning seems high-ish, and your logs show single and double-count Feedback and Fine Learning knock in a variety of load/rpm conditions. Might be a leak (causing you to run lean), might be false knock from something rattling underhood.

Check out what your AF Learning #1A, B, C, D are, and bang on stuff underhood to see if there might be something rattling (loose turbo heat shield or other heat shields, etc).

Thanks,

took a quick log on the way home from work. Not sure what af learning a,b,c,d are but maybe you can give me some pointers? I don't understand what a/b/c/d mass airflow ranges indicate.

I'm running 93oct on a 91oct map. was informed this would ensure i'd run on the rich side...

log3.csv

Archived