LegacyGT.com

Jl Audio Cleansweep

LegacyMUN2k6

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone thought about breaking a trace (sort of extreme) or something to loose the volume.. (rotational) functionality of the oem volume knob but not the power functionality... even better has anyone been able to wire up the CS knob to the oem to use the push and spin fuctionality of the oem knob?

ps: once again its late and that was a seriously ugly string of words i just spewed.. you get the idea though.

It's really no big deal... just leave the OEM knob at "25" and use the CS knob. If the OEM knob should get bumped, it's not like fire will shoot out from your speaker grilles... just put it back at 25.

Not to be counter cleansweep at all (trying to find a way to justify the purchase, actually), but what about the idea of setting the line level amp to max out when the HU is around 15-20? Other than having a fast volume sweep, would there be any other issues?

Not to be counter cleansweep at all (trying to find a way to justify the purchase, actually), but what about the idea of setting the line level amp to max out when the HU is around 15-20? Other than having a fast volume sweep, would there be any other issues?

You could certainly do that, Coyote... the bass doesn't start rolling off until above Vol 28. You still will have a non-flat signal however and the bass will boost at lower volumes.

• 3 weeks later...
I went to a (Custom Sounds) JL Audio dealer in Austin, TX asking about having it installed on my 05 GT. They sadi they have shiiped them all back to JL because the Cleensweep is causing a problem with FM tuners. Anyone no anything else about this? I haven't found any word of it online.

Custom SOunds of Austin has been around for a while now, and have several location. When they said they were causing problems with the FM side of the house, and that they sent all thier units (cleensweep) back to JL Audio, it made me want to find out more info.

Custom SOunds of Austin has been around for a while now, and have several location. When they said they were causing problems with the FM side of the house, and that they sent all thier units (cleensweep) back to JL Audio, it made me want to find out more info.

I'd get a second opinion/installer

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

You really should look at the full features of the clean sweep, but one of the main things is does is flattens out the variable equalization added in from the factory deck.

Running an amp with high inputs does not sound particularly stellar.

Jarrad

What would the difference be between getting a clean sweep and getting an amp that takes High Level inputs?

Just because there is a problem in a specific vehicle doesn't mean that problem will exist in all vehicles.

I have spoken with Custom Sounds about a problem they had in a specific vehicle with FM reception and noise, but it is not a common issue.

Rear glass antennas are susceptible to interference, just turn your rear defroster on and you will see a degradation in weak station reception... the fact that they are being used more and more and that they are inferior to the good old mast antenna is the source of a lot of people's reception complaints. It is not uncommon for a power supply of any type to cause degradation in their performance, particularly on AM. Issues can also arise in metal roofed buildings (like many install bays) where the problems are magnified.

That being said, the CleanSweep has no problems at all in the Legacy GT (or the vast majority of cars). My FM and AM work perfectly and my CleanSweep and amplifier are mounted very close to the rear glass antenna.

Best regards.

Manville Smith

JL Audio, Inc.

Manville - my FM reception has gone away...suggestions? Is it the amps + the CS being so close? Look into a signal booster for the FM?

I don't think yours are any closer than mine... double check your antenna connection at the radio to make sure it's secure. Signal booster won't help.

Is all FM gone? Or just a few stations... if it is just one or two stations it could be the amp power supply interfering with the rear antenna... if it is all stations I suspect an antenna problem.

I did check it. It's secure. My signal was strong pre-install, and now my 'normal' stations won't come in well, nor any at all really. Reception was fine before I installed everything (even though I have metallic tint). Perhaps the combo of tint plus gear = :(

Archived