LegacyGT.com

Finally, got myself a Legacy GT!

Been a Frequent visitor to the forums and now I can say that I have something to write about.

After lots of waiting and paying off bills, I finally got myself a new white 2005 Legacy GT limited with an auto tranny. Yeah, I know you are asking why auto? Good question...I am not sure how that happened either. I have always owned manuals and went in intent on getting one, but somehow talked myself into going to auto route. Mostly because I work in downtown Seattle and all the hills and traffic made it a appealing choice at the cost of some performance. But I also went in specifically wanting a Black or Garnet Red GT as well and ended up with the white because I was so impressed how it looked in person.

Initial impression are great. Love the car. I am moving up from a 2002 Mazda Protege ES which was a great little car, but obviously cannot compare. I am a little disappointed with the muddled sound of the stock stereo which I think that I will take some measures to improve in the future. Handling is quite good, but a little lofty and softer than I like so I think that I will be getting some springs in the near future as well. Other than that, things on my immediate shopping list are JDM STI front spoiler, JDM Grill and maybe some new wheels and tires like the JDM 2.0 Spec B 18's (if I can afford/find them) or perhaps some 18" Rota Tarmac II's in Full Royal Gun Metallic?

Welcome! I am also a White Satin Pearl owner, and I never had the intention of buying white till I saw it. I did want a 5-speed, and that is what I got. The color is very nice, and does not get dirty fast.

If you have pics, post them!

X

---

Been a Frequent visitor to the forums and now I can say that I have something to write about.

After lots of waiting and paying off bills, I finally got myself a new white 2005 Legacy GT limited with an auto tranny. Yeah, I know you are asking why auto? Good question...I am not sure how that happened either. I have always owned manuals and went in intent on getting one, but somehow talked myself into going to auto route. Mostly because I work in downtown Seattle and all the hills and traffic made it a appealing choice at the cost of some performance. But I also went in specifically wanting a Black or Garnet Red GT as well and ended up with the white because I was so impressed how it looked in person.

Initial impression are great. Love the car. I am moving up from a 2002 Mazda Protege ES which was a great little car, but obviously cannot compare. I am a little disappointed with the muddled sound of the stock stereo which I think that I will take some measures to improve in the future. Handling is quite good, but a little lofty and softer than I like so I think that I will be getting some springs in the near future as well. Other than that, things on my immediate shopping list are JDM STI front spoiler, JDM Grill and maybe some new wheels and tires like the JDM 2.0 Spec B 18's (if I can afford/find them) or perhaps some 18" Rota Tarmac II's in Full Royal Gun Metallic?

Nice dude! Welcome! Driving in Seattle is a...well...it sucks. I've smoked the clutch twice in my Legacy and both times have been in Seattle. I added the OEM Subwoofer Amplifier and it did wonders for the sound. Once again...Welcome! you're official now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome, I own the same vehicle as you, just got mine 2 weeks ago and I am happier than a pig in shit, be ready to get lots of compliments on the unit. The white seems to make it stand out, I wasn't totally sold on white until I saw it with tinted rear and side windows it looks really sharp. You will get over the auto tranny, initially I wanted a manual too but I think I am happier with the auto. City driving and all.

I have always owned manuals and went in intent on getting one, but somehow talked myself into going to auto route. Mostly because I work in downtown Seattle and all the hills and traffic made it a appealing choice at the cost of some performance.

Ditto. That and the commute in the north-end sucks, too.

Thanks everyone. I did fiddle with the stereo a bit and it does sound better although I am very much in need of a sub. That might be all the help it needs. Thinking I might install a Infinity Basslink in the trunk. It should not take up much trunk space because of their slimmer profile and I was pleased with the one my brother installed in his car a while back.

I have only had the car for a few days and I am already excited about what I want to do first. This car is going to be lots of fun to personalize. Can't decide what to do first. lol

I too have the SWP...and they don't call it "Pearl" for nothing. Beeeuuuutiiiiiiful. I fell in love with it the moment i saw it. Enjoy and drive it in good health.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Just ordered a new Infinity Basslink sub for $169 via ebay. Not to bad a price at all since I think they retail for $350. Should hopefully have it installed very shortly (as soon as i get it). Also should order up the JDM replica grill from pltek.net as soon as I get my next paycheck in another week. These bits should satisfy me for a little bit I hope....might have to get the front lip at the same time as the grill though.

Archived