LegacyGT.com

Clicking while turning right and accelerating

I wonder if it could be a spline mismatch on the axles. Or possibly an issue with the driveshaft itself. I'm also thinking Harsho1's experience might be possible here too. I'm not as experienced as others here but I did have a similar issue on an Eagle Talon years ago.

Is there any way you can get the car up on ramps and look under it while having it in gear in both drive and reverse? Try holding the brake down while the car is in gear, turning the car right and left while revving the engine slightly. Do this in both drive and reverse. See if anything in your drivetrain moves when you do that. It shouldn't.

If this does end up being the issue then my first concern as an owner would be other parts of your drivetrain that could have been damaged while the dealerships were trying unsuccessfully to find the issue.

• 1 month later...
Bump to top cause I'm running into similar issue.. replaced front passenger CV shaft with reman unit, started to hear a click during right hand turns. Swapped axles side to side, noise still on right hand turns. Haven't done a close inspection if bushing yet tho.

We think we may have come across the problem. Transmission mount!?

I haven't driven the car yet, but my wife did and she would've let me know if she heard it. ( she's heard it previously so she would know ).

I have a couple hour trip tomorrow and I will update.

NotYourAvgSpec.B - Have you ever been to Turbo Time in Apex?

Yes I have.. actually live right down the street. Took my old obxt there for a trans issue.... Since then I've become a certified tech w/ Mercedes and don't have a need. Bit they are good guys, straight up and honest. After I do tgv deletes and remove the flange restriction on my Cobb tbe I may see them for some tuning.

Also found my issue and honestly it's embarrassing as hell, brake line was bolted to strut 180 degrees out. Causing occasional contact with a wheel weight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'd say get under there yourself and take a few to do an extensive visual inspection. I personally never trust a stealership.

Before removing the wheel, grab top and bottom of tire and try with all your might to rock the wheel ANY play during this test indicates a wheel bearing. Of course this is not a full proof test but it's somewhere to start.

Inspect all rubber for any damage, feel boots to see if any grease is coming out

Also don't forget to pop your hood and look at your strut tower top hats.

What your describing could be just about Anything behind your wheel. It sounds to me like Subaru has just been shrugging you off rather than putting the effort in for a for a proper diagnosis.

Archived