LegacyGT.com

Question Perrin Turbo Intake '05 LGT

1-3-2-4

So the current one I have on the car is this AVO one but I want to switch for one is the metal part is missing for the BPV.. but my biggest question is how does the MAF and airfilter connect because the last owner seemed to just cut with a hacksaw and stuck the plastic part in the filter and it causes a issue with the hood stay in which I have to lay it over the intake manifold.

IMG_1735.JPG.1223c586c66186fd2e202de587deefac.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

So your getting a different FMIC/TMIC and want to run the stock airbox. Correct?

You need a stock airbox + snorkel + post maf hose(silicone ebay ones are ~$30)

+ hardware if you don't have anything laying around.

If your going TMIC you will need a few additional parts as well, brakcets, TB hose, etc.

stock box uses a rubber "S" hose that clamps onto the plastic stock inlet

Perrin inlet has a metal ring that you clamp the inlet and the "S" hose to

In your situation, seems like you would be using the same method as with the AVO above, clamping the inlet over the plastic end.

If you end up with an aftermarket intake that uses a metal or hard plastic tube, it will come with a silicone coupler that you would clamp one end onto the intake ,and the other onto the metal ring that the inlet is clamped to.

I think your fitment issue comes from the fact that tube the maf is in is much further over that it's supposed to be, as the "S" tube has essentially been deleted.

I would agree that the GS intake is very top quality. Everything they do is. I am very happy with every GS piece on Frank. I have a SPT (Subaru) and the MAF sensor is closer to the filter as well...just like the stock panel system.

This GS GB is a good one. Jump if you are wanting to go in the new CIA direction.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

Archived