LegacyGT.com

Are there Outbacks that are Sedans & not Wagons or SUVs?

Just bought a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. I dislike it and I want to sell it as soon as I find another Subaru that is more suitable for me. I feel every bump in the road and it's rattling my whole body frame. My mechanic says that the suspension does not need fixing - it has sport suspension and was designed that way.

He recommended an outback for a smoother ride because the tires are about 3” higher. I’m looking for a 2005-2009 sedan version of an outback (nothing turbo). Do they exist? Impreza or Legacy is fine. I'd like to avoid SUVs.The only outbacks I’m finding are long wagons or sport wagons. I owned a sport wagon for 10 years and the ride was also bumpy.

I would greatly appreciate the info.

Thanks very much.

There are Outback sedans out there. Check on cars.com or autotrader or even on craigslist and see what you can find.

You can easily change your suspension on the LGT though and make it ride as you would want it to. There is much information about suspension on these forums. Begin searching through google and it will bring up applicable threads on here that you can look at and find what could be the best combination for you.

Good luck.

There are Outback sedans out there. Check on cars.com or autotrader or even on craigslist and see what you can find.

You can easily change your suspension on the LGT though and make it ride as you would want it to. There is much information about suspension on these forums. Begin searching through google and it will bring up applicable threads on here that you can look at and find what could be the best combination for you.

Good luck.

The sedan outbacks were only made during the first or second generation, not the 2005-2009s.

The sedan outbacks were only made during the first or second generation, not the 2005-2009s.

I'm lost, are we saying this is a Unicorn in the wild?

http://www.monumentmotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/05bloa148.jpg

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/2005_subaru_outback_3_0_r_frederick_md_521273201875037.jpg

http://www.subarucolors.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/2007-Subaru-Outback-3.0-R-L.L.-Bean-Edition-Sedan-1.jpg

Sounds like you need a Buick or a Lincoln

Older ones before like 03, the new Buicks are for the younger youthful crowd with super stiff suspension and rock hard leather seats.

OP look into having the shocks replaced with something like stock replacement parts. It may have stiffer shocks.

My wagon had a nice ride when new and for many years. I have my Koni's set on almost firmest setting, with Conti DWS tires it wasn't to bad. With the Pole Positions on it now, its a bit firmer.

Tires will make big difference.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The 17's on the GT and 18's on the Shrek B make the ride harsh for those who complain like yourself. Smaller wheels and appropriate tire size in H rating to make the speedo correct will give you some softness. I'm running H rating tires on my GT but only because I was putting 2000 miles a month on it and oem tires wasn't lasting long.

I kinda wish I had the 6 cyl truthfully at this point.

Archived