LegacyGT.com

ALK, Anti-Lift Kit, what's the consensus?

I have solid links on my Z32... not doing my DD the same way. The response is awesome, but you feel everything. Which isn't bad for a toy, not ideal for a DD, IMHO. Same reason I went with an OEM tranny mount and SMFW vs a LWFW this last clutch job, because I don't want the driveline noise. Exhaust noise is fun, but the driveline gets annoying when cruising at highway speeds.

I am getting a RSB, with brackets. Waiting on a local's partout. I noticed most of the roll coming the rear.

For the relatively low price, it's hard to beat the JDM one that AVO sells. I have one on my car, with the stock FSB. It made a big difference in getting the car to turn and not under steer like a complete pig.

Is that the 20mm bar they have listed?

Anyone got a PN for the JDM AVO 20mm? I can only find the regular 20mm. Unless all of AVO's stuff is JDM by default. Borla CBE on a wagon here. Thanks y'all, good convo here

OEM JDM RSB is 20451ag001, it's 20mm. I believe I got mine from AVO, box was shipped from OREGON.

Fwiw I never installed AVO rsb brackets and never had problems with bent stock rsb mounts, just once had to correct right one. It probably helps that I have pinks & bilstein on the wagon, so sways have easier life.

I might have missed it in your list, don't you have ball joints for lowered car? They corrected unsettling ride over bumps and overall made car feel much better in sharp turns. WL makes a set, but I went with GT SPEC GTS-SUS-1409 and very happy with it.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Also, I just changed my LCAs- went from offset WL bushings to stock STI bushings. I liked the ride on WL and with GTTTUNER'S help the alignment was great - car really drove like on rails in turns. They would squick sometimes but not to a point of noise being a problem.

I went to STI bushings because I ended up losing top cap on right WL bushing and that made LCA move around a bit. That in turn made it wear out much faster. The way they are designed that top cap can crack when LCA is moving far down, which is what happened to me. WL corrected the problem afaik, mine was very early set.

car drives great on STI LCA bushings, and for the money I think they are better choice than poly of any brand. They also made car feel more quiet.

I decided to do the STI large front LCA bushings again. They were good for 50k miles, but are shot now. With the Konis on Epics it should still be stiffer than stock. Decided to avoid poly at this point mostly for noise and harshness concerns. Will report back with impressions once everything is installed

I decided to do the STI large front LCA bushings again. They were good for 50k miles, but are shot now. With the Konis on Epics it should still be stiffer than stock. Decided to avoid poly at this point mostly for noise and harshness concerns. Will report back with impressions once everything is installed

Are you getting the GroupN STI bushings? or just the OEM STI ones?

I have solid links on my Z32... not doing my DD the same way. The response is awesome, but you feel everything. Which isn't bad for a toy, not ideal for a DD, IMHO. Same reason I went with an OEM tranny mount and SMFW vs a LWFW this last clutch job, because I don't want the driveline noise. Exhaust noise is fun, but the driveline gets annoying when cruising at highway speeds.

I am getting a RSB, with brackets. Waiting on a local's partout. I noticed most of the roll coming the rear.

If your avatar pic is correct and you do have a wagon, nearly all of body roll problems are from the rear. I have every stiffening component you can get, and the rear still has roll. Adjusting the suspension, we finally got it tamed to have throttle over steer at very high loading (high g cornering). In daily driving, that translates to no body roll. However nvh is horrible.

If your avatar pic is correct and you do have a wagon, nearly all of body roll problems are from the rear. I have every stiffening component you can get, and the rear still has roll. Adjusting the suspension, we finally got it tamed to have throttle over steer at very high loading (high g cornering). In daily driving, that translates to no body roll. However nvh is horrible.

Well my avatar pic is a Lego Testarossa :)

So you're saying a big fat bar with brackets will get me competent street handling? What is the source of your NVH? Do you have poly diff bushings, poly link bushings?

OB2.5XT I'm trying to get the Group N STi bushings, but having a difficult time finding the SofA part number for them.

OEM JDM RSB tightened the rear end of my wagon very nicely. I only felt that a thicker sway may be better when cornering hard at autox. I have 22mm Perrin FSB; both ends with Kartboy solid end links.

JDM RSB used to be around $100; well worth the money.

Archived