LegacyGT.com

New 05 LGT

Well, picked up my 05 LGT yesterday. Can't wait to break it in and get some good acceleration runs out of it.

-First impressions (coming from a Jetta 1.8).

-Miss not having one touch windows up front for up and down.

-Passenger seat is not height adjustable.

-Have not yet gone through the owners manual. Do you always have to adjust both temp controls to keep equal settings on climate control?

-Car is a touch floaty, but beats my lowered 1.8 with springs that had me bottoming out in big potholes.

And believe it or not. Had a morning appointment downtown MTL and got my passenger door "blessed" by some idiot in the parking garage. Not major, but there is a slight crease in the door and will require some minor buffing!!!!!!!!!!

yes you have to adjust both tempurature controls.

The car is 'floaty' in the stock form, but that is very easy to change for relatively cheap. (springs, sways, or new tires could all change that - without killing your ride quality)

Is the passenger side 'crease' a dent or actual scrape with paint damage?

oh, and congrats on the new car and welcome!

Welcome, the car is a blast to drive. Once you break it in then you will start to feel the true power. Once you mod it, then you will not be able to get the grin off your face, or so I heard since I have not done any modding myself. Don't feel too bad about your scrape, I have a inch and a half scratch on my rear driver's door side. It bothers me more than anyone else. Hope you can get it fixed.

If you have pics, post them!

Oh and wha tis the MTL?

X

---

Montreal?

Aaahhh, yeah. Ok we'll we'll see what he says.

Did not even think of that one, was thinking more in the terms of The Motor... but the L threw me off. :D

Thinking too much into it I guess.

X

---

I have a LGT and I have height adjustable seats. There is a lever that you have to pump to raise it, and then pump it the other way to lower it.

Thats on the regular LGT, the limited doesnt have passenger height adjustments (unless I am just completely blind, or retarted, which is always possible).

The limited passenger seat is only 4 way adjustable, so no height adjustment on the electronic control, so if there is a pump thing somewhere, where is it?

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Thats on the regular LGT, the limited doesnt have passenger height adjustments (unless I am just completely blind, or retarted, which is always possible).

The limited passenger seat is only 4 way adjustable, so no height adjustment on the electronic control, so if there is a pump thing somewhere, where is it?

in both the limited and non limited, only the driver has height adjustment. THe passenger is only 4 way adjustable in both Trim levels.

in both the limited and non limited, only the driver has height adjustment. THe passenger is only 4 way adjustable in both Trim levels.

Ok, didnt know that. I only sat in the passenger seat of the Limited, so I didnt know about that not being on the non-limited... yet another thing SoA should put on the cars as a standard... 8 way adjustable seats passenger and driver... I mean come on, its somewhat of a luxury sedan, not completely, but somewhat... :mad:

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I'm glad the unlimited was available for at least one year. Hell, I wish it had manual climate controls, and save another $200 on the price.

It is getting tough to find a car that you can pay for good "guts" only. Most are being wrapped up in luxury and near-luxury features, with the bloated weight and price tags to match.

-B

I'm glad the unlimited was available for at least one year. Hell, I wish it had manual climate controls, and save another $200 on the price.

It is getting tough to find a car that you can pay for good "guts" only. Most are being wrapped up in luxury and near-luxury features, with the bloated weight and price tags to match.

-B

I wasn't going to buy this year, but then I saw that the wagon would only have limited next year, and no 5MT, so I jumped on it.

Hey guys, good feedback.

Yes, MTL is Montreal!

Sorry, was too busy to post earlier.

Was in 3rd earlier this evening and stomped it, holy cow, talk about acceleration.

Wish I had checked to see what rpms I was running in. Talk about response.

Have a few minor esthetiques to take care of and will then post pics.

Right now it is stock except for tint.

Will be back by Sunday with pics.

Archived