LegacyGT.com

Squeaky driver seat

• 2 years later...
wish Canadian dealers are this good

Mine BS me and tell me false info to convince me that it's not fix-able.

I just had this squeak develop right after my 3yr warranty expired, go figure! I thought it was a suspension thing at first since i only heard it over bumps, but found it yesterday sitting in my car, stopped, that i could create the noise. My issue seems to be coming from the right bolster as you sit in the seat. I saw you mentioned your lumbar cable being the culprit and I'm wondering if that's my issue. I use the lumbar button a good bit so I'll try that.

The dealer thought the noise was coming from my overhead compartment in front of the sunroof, so they charged me $25 to put some anti-friction tape in there. I just emailed them to let them know the real issue so perhaps they'll bring me in to fix it for free, otherwise, I'll go the DIY route.

Good luck man

Mine developed a new one. Seat frame was rubbing against the foam on the right bolster ( near the top). Just need to put tape on the frame so they don't rub.

• 6 months later...
My right bolster suddenly started swueaking recently. Makes noise every time weight shifts, whether it be brake, accelerate or make a turn. Thanks for the tips, will look inside seat today. Car is no longer under warranty, and the extended warranty has $100 deductible, which I would rather not spend if I don’t have to.

• 6 months later...
Mine started getting major squeaks...the noise sometimes overpowers the radio.

I go in next Saturday to have the dealer look at it.

I heard it gets fixed but then it comes back again...

My squeak has not returned since being fixed...yet anyway.

Dropped the car off, Hope they figure things out!

I had this issue on the driver's seat of my new 2018 3.6R. They didn't tell me exactly what was causing it but I believe there is a TSB out on the matter. It's a known thing they should be able to fix.

• 2 weeks later...