LegacyGT.com

Lifetime gas mileage calculation

My 2016 Legacy 2.5i limited which has 3,100 mi. on it is getting very close to the advertised mileage figures, between 1-2 mi. less with manual calculation and right on or slightly more according to the trip meter. I drive very carefully, slowly and with purpose in mind.

YMMV......sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gas is cheap these days....enjoy it and floor it!

Exactly...:lol:

If gas goes back up to $4/gal then I'll do less zipping away from stop lights and trade my twisty back road commute route for the highway. Can't deny the highway mileage is impressive for an AWD car.

If you want really good city mileage

• 8 months later...

finally saw 31mpg from my 3.6R. I kept cruise at 70/75mph instead of 80+. I reset the eco monitor at the beginning of this trip.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/IMG_1813_zpscdp07yra.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/IMG_1811_zpssjndhjyh.jpg

finally saw 31mpg from my 3.6R. I kept cruise at 70/75mph instead of 80+. I reset the eco monitor at the beginning of this trip.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/IMG_1813_zpscdp07yra.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/IMG_1811_zpssjndhjyh.jpg

what is that in your Disc slot? :confused::confused:

I just fueled up and checked gallons added versus miles so it's 30.2mpg which is decent for the 3.6R.

It's a cellphone holder by Koomus in th cd slot. I don't keep CDs in the car so it doesn't bother me having that there. It positions my phone right above the screen. It will do a 5.5" phone with no problems.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/68466C6A-FAB7-4C5E-9796-A09F4618757F_zpsflmfcxli.jpeg

• 7 months later...
I’m sorry but I still can’t reset the ECO monitor life time fuel mileage. I purchased our 2015 Outback Premium, from a Subaru dealer, with 25k miles and the life time mileage shows 72.2 mpg . So far everything on the displays appears to operate properly. Since I didn’t subscribe for the satiate radio there is quite a few options that are disabled on the center display. Hopefully this option can be reset without the satellite having to be initialized. I need step by step from turning the key on to seeing 00.0 on the life time fuel mileage. Sorry but I’m an old fart need a lot of help. thanks

I need step by step from turning the key on to seeing 00.0 on the life time fuel mileage.

See: 2015 Legacy/Outback Entertainment System Manual (Supplement), page 164.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I can't explain the issue, but sometimes hand calculation of mpg vs car display are exact, other times very far apart, and sometimes almost equal. I have tried to associate the comparisons versus type of driving (highway/city/cold weather/hot/etc.) but have not been able to explain the variability. Most often when there is a difference, the displayed mpg is greater than the calculated mileage.

Since I got the car New the first couple times I full tank the miles range was around 420-450 since then it's only been around 320-360?never seen it over 400 anymore,is something I should be concern about?

Btw every time I fill up I only make it total of 2 clicks and that's it.

That's not good. Even though it's winter that's what I'm getting with the 3.6R.

Well aren't you lucky! Filled up today and was at 230 with between 1/4th and 1/8th remaining. Granted that was one of my worst tanks in the ~14 months I've had my 3.6R (with more remote starts than usual), but I'm lucky to break 300. Too much city driving :(

Yeah, I do mixed driving. I average 21 mpgs normally.

I rarely used remote start even if I park outside at work. Well, it's a moot point now, I chose not to repair the parts needed to get remote start to work, I just dropped $2k on getting my car running after my daughter shot the steering wheel. :lol:

On long freeway trips, if I keep it at 70mph, I might get 28/29mpg, but I rarely keep it below 70 on trips :rolleyes:

While my Legacy was getting repaired, I had a Hyundai Elantra for a few days and averaged 35mpg! The rest of the week I was given a 2016 Outback with the 4cyl and only averaged 25mpg. So I'm happy with what I get out of the 3.6.

Lifetime for me is around 23mpg.

43362 miles with 1867 gallons of fuel.

Archived