LegacyGT.com

Turbo choice?

I have a blouch dominator 3xtr and love it. Wasn't on your list but so far build quality has been great and I would't hesitate to go with the 1.5xt. I also have a 5EAT and so far its survived.

dom 3 on a 5eat, no shit! what kind of fueling: top feed, injectors, pump?

what other supporting mods?

boost psi? spool and curve?

Yes I have climbers valvebody and deatschwerks pump and side feed injectors. 850's. Stock engine block. As for supporting mods nothing fancy. Perrin inlet, perrin 3 port boost controller, perrin fmic, speed density conversion which isn't really a supporting mod but did it to relocate my bov, etc. Boost is right around 20 psi occasionally spiking around 22 in lower gears. I don't have my dyno sheet right in front of me but will load it if I can find it.

Damn, nicely packaged. my goal is 350whp/350wtq DD

I have 120k now on her my tune with the change would be for smoothness and not maxed out, i run 20psi now and would likely ask Mikey to make me mutiple maps starting from wastegate psi up to 20.

anything north of 16-17 will feel freight train like id imagine coming from my now 16g.

do you think sidefeed 740s could support the 1.5xtr for now or better to just get top feeds in there?

Torque convertor eats horsepower. Automatics always will dyno lower then a equivalent manual trans.

quick4dr I can't find any of my dyno sheets from the dom only my old pro tunes on the vf40. I do know that I'm making right around 400 hp and about 380 torque and that turbo is know where maxed out and neither is my fueling. But with the stock bottom end and a 5EAT and no where near enough money for rebuilds I don't want to push it any harder. Car is still a blast to drive. Its for sure no where near as torquey as the vf40 was down low but once it spools it hits much harder.

I think both the 1.5xtr and efr are too small.

seriously my little tr18g put down 335/377 with a conservitive tune. try TR gt28/2.5xtr or look at the TR twinscroll 20g setup or a efr7163 setup or gtx30r killer b spoolinator setup.

Get more turbo so you can scale it down to what you want. Oem turbos last because they are not run at their max power output.

If he sets up the exhaust right. Holy header or twin scroll. These are all bb turbo's except the ts one which he can get a twinscroll bb turbos. I like turbos that over perform.

My tr 18g performs better than BNR's 20g. waste gate is billet piece and rock solid. the billet is just bling but the design is very good. With e85 my 18g is a 400whp turbo with a good tune. Hence why i suggest TR now my tuner was very impressed with the numbers it put down.

If you want a v-band up and good pieces talk to Tigwerks. his stuff is second to none.

How much do you want to spend? You should think about that first. Unless money isn't an issue. You're gonna pay a good $5 -700 more for a bigger and better turbo. More power equals more money down the road. Depending on the condition of your car right now depends on how long before you need to replace parts left and right. Have you gotten a report from blackstone yet? Im looking for my next turbo as well, and im pretty sure im going with a blouch. Although FP turbos have treated me great in the past. Decisions decisions! :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

You might or might not hit an honest 350/350 on the 6758 but it will be a really nice DD on that turbo. To be sure, go to the 7163.

The KillerB spoolinator kit looks good. They got nice results on the GTX3067R, it's just pricey for what it is.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I can actually get the full race manifold for a great deal through a sponsored driver of theirs.

I love the killer B set up.

And i love to support grass root fabricators like Tigwerks. Im hoping he cant locate material for my set

How much do you want to spend? You should think about that first. Unless money isn't an issue. You're gonna pay a good $5 -700 more for a bigger and better turbo. More power equals more money down the road. Depending on the condition of your car right now depends on how long before you need to replace parts left and right. Have you gotten a report from blackstone yet? Im looking for my next turbo as well, and im pretty sure im going with a blouch. Although FP turbos have treated me great in the past. Decisions decisions! :lol:

how was your FP spool was stock like or shift to the right

damn blouch for making everything look amazing, the 18 and 20g XTR are cheaper than the 1.5xtr and seam to me capable of more power, similar spool

http://efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&boost=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&sat=0&cb=0&dgr=1&smm=0&sg=1&runid1=2325&rgb1=000000255

current situation.

looking to try and preserve the mid 3k spool

Archived