LegacyGT.com

building a monster !

A few weeks ago my OBXT engine Blew up while logging for an e tune, (pretty sure the #4 piston exploded)Less than a year ago i put a used engine in and did all possible maintinence at the time. it ran pretty good for 9 months. then i put in a bnr evo 16g, DW850cc, DW65c, tgv deletes, and a Grimspeed EBCS.

began the tunning and the motor just didnt hold together lasted 3 days and was still tuning. I gotta say it was fast ! like roast a 420hp hemi fast lol. I decided not to do another used ej255 because they really don't seem to like getting past 100k for me. I ordered an ej257 rotating asymbly with case hafs from flat iron tuning for 2900this incudes sti hardened crank, king bearings, manley tuff rods, Manley 8.5 pistons also ordered an 11mm sti oil pump, new cooler belt and gaskets. then i ordered 2 rebuilt b25 heads for 1200. ive got seth at two1fivemotorsports putting it all toghether and i cant wait !

im hoping for close to 400 at the crank. car also has cobb sf w box, invidia q300, invidia DP, tsudo up pipe sti fpr, perrin inlet, IPR top mount lgt susp w all megan rear arms, and white line rsb.

i will post pics and some vids once it is done in a few weeks

Was actually talking to a friend about this. Being as the B25 heads from an STI are dual avcs, and we only have a single avcs system (D25 heads), do we have to swap to the STI wiring harness? Glad I caught this so I could ask lol! Can't wait to see the end result!

I think they make block off plates for that...?

I just can't see the benefit of doing the head swap. Just add another psi of boost.

Good luck with your project.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OP, Underdog is someone your going to want to get to know. Buy your parts from him. He's a trusted member here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived