LegacyGT.com

Another broken windshield

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my limited experience with the de-icer, I found it pretty much ineffective.

If my windshield goes, I'll probably instruct them to install a windshield without it, even with the fix.

That's odd, This is my second Legacy with this feature and both have worked quite well. It does take some time to melt snow and ice if the car has sat overnight. Maybe yours is defective?

That's odd, This is my second Legacy with this feature and both have worked quite well. It does take some time to melt snow and ice if the car has sat overnight. Maybe yours is defective?

I think our colder climate may have something to do with it. It works, but so slowly as to be nearly useless on colder days. I thought it would heat faster than it does -- have to keep the scraper handy anyway.

Yep, bad luck and $800 :(

800?! Check your insurance of it gets beyond a certain size and often the insurance will cover the whole thing because it is a safety issue (and s cracked windows hield seriously weakness the structural integrity of the vehicle) - when I had a broken windshield Allstate covered every penny.

There's so much construction debris all over the Seattle roads. Rocks flying everywhere all the time, really is annoying. I too had a broken shield in the first mo of ownership. I even recently had ANOTHER incident with a rock on I-5...left a good chunk in the lower right corner. the crack never ran, so I didn't do anything about it...but ffs Seattle, how about some sweepers or something!?

/rant

My insurance covers mine...all I pay is a $100 deductible.

Yup. My dealer's service advisor actually recommended I call USAA to get Safelite out there. It cost me $100 or $150 but the Safelite gentleman came out and in 45 minutes replaced my windshield. The replacement windshield has the same markings as the OEM and functions exactly the same.

Archived