LegacyGT.com

Sti Front Strut Tower Bar

dkodyl

helps the most with turn in... had one on my 97 a4 and it made a world of difference..although i assume that chassis had enough miles on it to loose a bunch of rigidity. just get a 40 dollar one off ebay... members say they work just fine.

I have front and rear Whiteline bars on my '97 GT and they definitely sured up the cornering ability when being a little agressive ;). I noticed it more when I just had the front bar on, then when I had the back one on by itself. A rear bar is only more useful on a wagon due to the deletion of the trunk and structure that would be there on a sedan.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 1 month later...
I drive pretty arresivly on the road, that's why

;)

Well, Umm.....the day after I put mine on we ran a few mountain roads. Let's say we were driving agressively enough for me to break the back end loose and someone else to get a ticket. :lol:

yea, driver input into the car is going to be more "direct" which the chassis will take less of the beating and the tires is what going to take the beating.. hence the tires is what gave out and caused your car to slide more.. same deal with a go-kart.. it's all tube frame chassis with no moving suspension parts other than the tire's sidewalls that are taking up the impacts.. just imagine seam-welding the car.

basically, all of these bars and supports are here to minimize chassis flex, not INCREASE responsiveness (being technical here). Remember, you have to look at it from a standpoint of modding engines... you can "make" power by minimizing drive-train power loss.. not by changing the ecu to give the car more power for better engine response. You would have to change the structure of the car and change the material for stiffer metal to increase responsiveness, that will also include tire sidewall flex and compound.

Keefe

^ overanalyzing it. I felt a difference in feedback by doing the Cusco braces. I felt none by doing Cusco + strut bar. That's not saying that the STi strut bar doesn't make a difference on it's own or that it's not adding to the feedback...it's just not perceptible to me. I'd still buy it again though....because it looks cool and I got it for $150 new. ;)

I felt a difference in feedback by doing the Cusco braces. I felt none by doing Cusco + strut bar. That's not saying that the STi strut bar doesn't make a difference on it's own or that it's not adding to the feedback...it's just not perceptible to me. I'd still buy it again though....because it looks cool and I got it for $150 new. ;)

That because they essentially serve the same purpose. ;)

But it does look cool. :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Well, Umm.....the day after I put mine on we ran a few mountain roads. Let's say we were driving agressively enough for me to break the back end loose and someone else to get a ticket. :lol:

gosh, who was the idiot that got the ticket?! :lol:

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Its one of those parts where you put it on and you don't really feel the difference... but leave it on for a few months or years and then remove it and you'll notice something missing...I did! had the STI carbon brace on my WRX for 7 years. removed it and noticed a diff.

Have the STi titanium look bar now on the GT.

+1, I'm sure the chassis loosen up after years of driving so the strut bar should be a benefit. It has a limited role in the suspension, but I could tell the difference in the vehicle's turn-in and also how it helps to brace the front towers while making turns over uneven pavement. If you've done other suspension mods first it'll probably seem worthless, which is why I installed mine before the ION springs, strut bar + ION springs= :)

Archived