LegacyGT.com

What was the worst car purchase you ever made?

Sorry I hadn't figured I upset you so much. When someone twice my age tries to troll me on a car forum it's because they are threatened and have to have the last word in order to save face, or they have no life and the forum is the only place they feel accepted. Either way, no one is rustled here old boy.

As the OP of this tread I ask - what is wrong with you?

This was the worst reply ever made on the thread called What was the worst car purchase you ever made.

:spin:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I hadn't figured I upset you so much. When someone twice my age tries to troll me on a car forum it's because they are threatened and have to have the last word in order to save face, or they have no life and the forum is the only place they feel accepted. Either way, no one is rustled here old boy.

Yeah. That's my motivation. I'm threatened by your genius on Pintos. :lol:

Man, you rustle easy.

1976 Mercury Capri JPS. Nice car with a terrible tractor motor.

Had a 1976 Capri II 2800 V6. It was black and gold like the Bandit Trans Am.

I swear the tranny had plastic gears.......I could pull that trans in 20 minutes on my back.

Shift linkage was so bad I cant even elaborate on it.

I swear the tranny had plastic gears.......I could pull that trans in 20 minutes on my back.

Mine was a '74 Mk1 with the 2600 V6. Slow, even after a rebuild with a big cam and 4bbl. Mine was halloween orange with a black vinyl half top.... :lol:

I really want to find a nice Mk1 and build an RS3000 clone... :D

Mine was the 2.3 4 banger. And that shift linkage sucked, too, but I was always so buys cursing the motor that I ignored the gearbox.

Right after I bought it, my gf found a 73 Capri with the 2 litre. It had been owned by a NASA engineer that just moved up from Florida to Connecticut. The gf and I were on rough ground and I really thought hard about outbidding her but didn't. Ran into a decade later in the 90s and she still had the car and it was still in great condition.

I should've outbid her!!!! It was about 83 and I had looked for a v6 for 6 months and could find anything that wasn't a rustbucket (like most 5-10 yr old cars were in those days).

:lol:

And for all the debate about which was the worse car, the Pinto or the Vega, at least the Vega was pretty good looking, IMO. Especially the 2 door wagon. It was just that the aluminum block was crap and before its time. A technological bridge too far for GM

I imagine if you hit a pot hole at speed in a Vega, or crossed a rough RR crossing it might snap in half. You know, like a run down freighter getting torpedoed by a U-boat.

I once bought a 1997 Dodge Ram in rough shape for $1200, the owner claimed it needed an intake gasket, but it needed a new motor ( I knew that). I got a new motor for it and installed it, but my dad took it for a spin without my consent before I had put antifreeze in it! Anyway, he told me the transmission was slipping on him. I was pissed. I let the truck sit for a while, filled it up with antifreeze, and tried driving it. It stalled on me 4 times in 1.5 miles, and the transmission kept falling out of gear. Had it towed back home, I let it sit for 4 months, then I parted it out piece by piece. Wouldn't you know it, the block was cracked too. Ton of money wasted on that one.

I also had a 1997 Grand Prix that I just traded in for my Subaru. It was a rust bucket, had electrical issues galore, I had to spend close to $1500 a year on parts (Rock Auto) with me doing all the work, no telling what it would have cost if I paid someone. The rust was so bad that the carpet would get wet from the bottom if it rained. It shorted out the computer for the Air Bags, so I had to pull the carpet back to get the part number for it, but I noticed it was sitting in a pile of water. I dried it off, hooked it back up, and I put a plastic bag around it to keep it dry, my SRS light stayed off after that.

I imagine if you hit a pot hole at speed in a Vega, or crossed a rough RR crossing it might snap in half. You know, like a run down freighter getting torpedoed by a U-boat.

I got t-boned in it by one of those huge old Buick boats. The Buick was going slowly becz the lady had taken her foot off the brake at an intersection with a slight hill. She probably hit me going 5 mph while I was going 40ish. Spun the car 180 degrees when she hit me square on the passenger rear wheel. No damage to her car, of course, but it was enough to break the rust off whatever held the right side of the rear axle in place. The then had four wheel steering. I drove it for a few days before my parents decided it was too dangerous to drive that way. Off to the scrapyard!

Archived