LegacyGT.com

Denso MAF Sensor

I need a new maf sensor for a 07 lgt 2.5l w turbo. Can anyone help me out w a model # or a website I can find one cheaper then $280 which the subaru dealership quoted me.

Maf sensor in the car now is a denso tn 197400 2170 model #

people here like fred bean parts.

last i checked the maf sensor is retail at 190 or so.

197-6040 works perfectly.

Worked great on the base map when I fired up the engine after I rebuilt it and is still working flawlessly on the break-in map i am currently on.

My tuner also likes it. He said that the air/fuel trims are dead on.

If this works fine, you should add this info to JmP's sticky about various parts up top.

This is info we need to know.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I need a new maf sensor for a 07 lgt 2.5l w turbo. Can anyone help me out w a model # or a website I can find one cheaper then $280 which the subaru dealership quoted me.

Maf sensor in the car now is a denso tn 197400 2170 model #

I just picked up a 2007 Outback (normally aspirated) and something was not right. No CEL codes, but horsepower was just not there. Felt like my 1997 2.2L Legacy wagon had more power. Took it to a local tuner and after he hooked it up to his computer, he confirmed something was retarding the fuel. Top suspect was the MAF sensor.

The OEM MAF had these numbers on it:

226680AA31A

TN197400-2170

I purchased and installed this sensor from Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Denso-197-6040-Mass-Flow-Sensor/dp/B007WMG8A0]Denso 197-6040 Mass Air Flow Sensor[/ame], $112

Happy to report it's running great now! All horsepower has returned.

I know your 07 Legacy is a turbo, but it looks like it has the same OEM MAF sensor part number as mine did, so perhaps it will work.

http://i.imgur.com/BSFIJHT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LRaF7kP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N46KT3r.jpg

• 3 months later...

I just bought: 'Denso 197-6040 Mass Air Flow Sensor' by Denso from amazon

will put it into the 05 LGT when it comes in.

I recently purchased a brand new MAF from rockauto (brand name is Walker) and it make the car run lean, maxing out AF correction no matter what tune I flashed..

Hoping to have good luck with this new Denso coming in..

I just bought: 'Denso 197-6040 Mass Air Flow Sensor' by Denso from amazon

will put it into the 05 LGT when it comes in.

I recently purchased a brand new MAF from rockauto (brand name is Walker) and it make the car run lean, maxing out AF correction no matter what tune I flashed..

Hoping to have good luck with this new Denso coming in..

I bought one a while back from Amazon trying to fix an odd scaling issues (ended up being leaks). It came in a generic brown box with "Denso 197-604 made in Japan" on the side, but inside was a sensor with Subaru PN 22680AA31A on it. That's the "Made in USA" version just for the legacy platform. Not sure if it was a counterfit, new old stock of a run for Subaru, or a refurbished one. Haven't had a chance to test it but I'm wandering what you get from them.

I don't see a conflict there with the Denso number and the Subaru part number, it's likely that Denso have a specific number for their Subaru sensor and then it has the Subaru part number.

Was "Made in USA" stamped on it or was it just with the Subaru part number? MAF sensors are used on other markets as well, so I don't see a problem.

453747.png

• 1 month later...
If you look up the OEM P/N (22680AA31A) for the 2005 LGT, it has applications for other vehicles. When you look up some of those vehicles on the Denso site, the P/N that pops up repeatedly is 197-6130. Has anyone used this part? I only see reference to people using 197-6040.

• 2 months later...
If you look up the OEM P/N (22680AA31A) for the 2005 LGT, it has applications for other vehicles. When you look up some of those vehicles on the Denso site, the P/N that pops up repeatedly is 197-6130. Has anyone used this part? I only see reference to people using 197-6040.

I have the 197-6130 sitting in front of me. It is the wrong one.

Buy the 197-6040.

So, Denso's website no longer has a listing for our MAF. Amazon claims the 197-6040 is incorrect and doesn't have an opinion on the 197-6130 (for what it's worth); RockAuto doesn't have a Denso listing.

What's the difference between the two part numbers?

The 197-6040 is the correct one.

The 197-6130 has the mount holes wrong and different connector.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I also ordered the Denso 197-6040 after getting an on and off CEL over the past month or 2. P0172 - Too Rich Bank 1. Hesitation at 2500-3000 RPMs and intermittent rough idle. I replaced the front O2 sensor 2 years ago, so now at 160K decided it was time to check the MAF for the first time ever. I took it out to inspect, couldn't see much in terms of gunk but the part was only $91 on Amazon so just ordered a new one. Figured 10+ years old and 160K was more than enough lifespan.

Funny thing is, I put the old one back in while I waited for the new one, and it inexplicably drives better than it has in years. Didn't use MAF Cleaner or anything. Just the magic of my eyes and a secure wiggle of the connector. No hesitation, perfect idle, pulls smoothly now in the 2500 - 3000 RPM range. Only 150 miles on it so far but already noticed 1.5 mpg improvement as well. Too many factors involved to be considered placebo effect.

I'll hang onto the new one until the symptoms come back, but I'm enjoying the renewed driving experience!

Archived