LegacyGT.com

Whiteline ALK vs Group-N LCA bushings.

Akasa

So, like any good Legacy owner, my LCA bushings on my 05 GT are starting to fall apart.

I'm stuck between a Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit and Group-N STi bushings. I'm leaning more towards Group-N as poly bushings seem to tend to need lubrication frequently and this is a street car. I already have inner whiteline LCA bushings, and I must add, I make trips down to the smokey mountains to hit up roads, so this car will see that frequently enough, and I really don't mind the increased NHV. I just was wondering what would be better for my application.

My Father has whiteline LCA bushings on his 86 Grand National, I know they're great bushings, but i'm worried about wrecking the bushing by subjecting it to Michigan's wonderful winters.

Any insight would be helpful! Thanks guys!

Never had an issue with the poly bushings on my car or any customers car (that they reported anyways). I lube mine semi-regularly now, but only very rarely did when I was daily driving a few years back. Between the AVO and WL bushings I have 7-8 years of driving in Massachusetts (5-6 of which were full-time daily driver). No squeaks, no binding, no tears. The AVOs were replaced with WL bushings for the on-car caster adjustment in a new set of control arms.

The key is to not torque them down fully without the weight of the car on the wheels.

Archived