LegacyGT.com

Turbo oil supply bolt

Yea, I may have to agree the banjos on the heads may be 12mm, I have been thinking that. That would explain the 17mm hex head on them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So will I have to cuss at it to loosen it?

:lol: I don't recall mine being particularly bad. Just make sure you're square on the bolt head and you shouldn't have too much a problem. I used a cheater bar several times on my build, but can't remember if I needed it on the banjos.

I just checked on the car - heads on larger banjos are indeed 17mm socket, not 14mm.

The bolt on the head was easy as pie to get out.. and indeed the one behind the head had a filter in it! I took a picture of it (on my phone) from what I understand it's the inside of the filter that's where it can build up?

I left the filter out.

The bolt on the head was easy as pie to get out.. and indeed the one behind the head had a filter in it! I took a picture of it (on my phone) from what I understand it's the inside of the filter that's where it can build up?

I left the filter out.

Well done, sir. Hopefully this is a confidence builder for the dragons down the road ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Well done, sir. Hopefully this is a confidence builder for the dragons down the road ;)

My only thing was forgetting to take it out the first time I changed the turbo.

My only thing was forgetting to take it out the first time I changed the turbo.

Meh, I left mine in after I upgraded. My banjo was clean as could be. I could be playing with fire but my OCV logs are good and I tend to my OCI's like a Roman to confession.

Seems to be a crap-shoot but I'm willing to bet maintenance plays a critical role.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Meh, I left mine in after I upgraded. My banjo was clean as could be. I could be playing with fire but my OCV logs are good and I tend to my OCI's like a Roman to confession.

Seems to be a crap-shoot but I'm willing to bet maintenance plays a critical role.

I can't really say mine is clean or dirty since I don't see too many what a dirty one looks like.

Archived