LegacyGT.com

Let's talk shift knobs

OEM or Momo shift knob in a 5MT?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. OEM or Momo shift knob in a 5MT?

Interesting. I didn't know that the weight of the knob affects so much. I'm looking at their site, under Legacy they only have Si Drive knobs. I'm guessing all of the WRX knobs fit our cars though. Any specific recommendations?

The Momo is nice. I rocked it for about 9 years. It's got a really nice shape and feel. Unfortunately, It does not wear too nicely in the long term. Eventually, the Momo logo will come off because your hand will eventually wear down the glue holding it on. That said it took years for that to happen. It also will show scuffing from buildup of abrasive substances. It's just a little tough to keep clean so that doesn't happen since it's got all those circular dimples and transition between leather and metal. But still, Momo over stocker for shape and feel, easily.

That said, I now have a Killer B shift knob made from Delrin and it is superior in every way. Enjoy!

Correct. All WRX knobs fit the 5MT.

"All Subaru 5-Speed Manual Cars - Select "WRX" (The 2015+ WRX 6-speed uses STi knobs ONLY)" - Lathe Werks

Weight affects the performance massivly. My Anarchy Motive knob has taken all of the notchyness and sloppyness out of the transmission, as opposed to the stock pistol grip knob.

Style of knob is something you'll really want to look at too. Do you prefer a cylinder / pistol grip style? a sphere? some hybrid? It varries person to person, and can make a world of difference as to how you drive your car.

I have a momo on my spec b and i like how your palm fits perfectly and comfortable on it!

i tried the stock one and it felt cheap and not in line with the interior of the vehicle,but that's just my opinion of course

This made me lol. Cheap and Subaru Interiors go hand-in-hand.

Subaru Engineer: Stock knob? Nailed it.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

The Momo is nice. I rocked it for about 9 years. It's got a really nice shape and feel. Unfortunately, It does not wear too nicely in the long term. Eventually, the Momo logo will come off because your hand will eventually wear down the glue holding it on. That said it took years for that to happen. It also will show scuffing from buildup of abrasive substances. It's just a little tough to keep clean so that doesn't happen since it's got all those circular dimples and transition between leather and metal. But still, Momo over stocker for shape and feel, easily.

That said, I now have a Killer B shift knob made from Delrin and it is superior in every way. Enjoy!

You can buy the MOMO logos. I've bought 3-4 over the years for the knob in my WRX.

That makes sense. I have seen them in other cars looking really nasty before.

I have average sized hands and skinny fingers. I might just buy up a couple and try them out and return whatever I don't like. Thanks all!

In almost 9 years I've tried about 6 shift knobs. My Momo is my favorite because of the size and weight. I also prefer a ball grip because your hand can be on the top or on the side while shifting.

I would love to have a pool ball size knob made of delrin.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

In almost 9 years I've tried about 6 shift knobs. My Momo is my favorite because of the size and weight. I also prefer a ball grip because your hand can be on the top or on the side while shifting.

I would love to have a pool ball size knob made of delrin.

ORLY?

Because that is exactly what the Cobb Knob is. I like mine.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/images/D/214X01P-10.jpg

ORLY?

Because that is exactly what the Cobb Knob is. I like mine.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/images/D/214X01P-10.jpg

I was always interested in the Cobb but I actually have a pool ball designed for Subarus and I always thought it was a little larger than the Cobb knob. I'll have to check the measurements of both knobs.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived