LegacyGT.com

5EAT to 6MT - Finished

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to the write up. I've gone back and forth a lot between considering saving for the 6mt swap for the rest of the year, or trading in for a Spec.B

It would be a little more for the swap but my car is a known quantity, I am the only owner and know the history. A high mileage Spec.B on the other hand. . . . how abused it was would be a mystery. At 4-5k+ to trade up to a Spec.B, I'm really looking forward to pricing out a swap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Does cruise control work ?

Seconded.

If you have figured out how to do a clean and complete conversion, I will be the next to jump on board. I just finished up a 5mt to 6mt spec-b so I know whats involved. It's just the lack of the completeness that I don't want to deal with on a DD. Here is hoping.

• 1 month later...
^+1 Seems like the "hardware" works out fine but the "software" I've heard is a pain but can be done.

We've known the hardware works for a while now, with the exception of the transmission cross member that needs modified. Its the wiring and computers that are the issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

My swap is requiring I get a Motec standalone, so I'm hoping that will solve my wiring issues if I decide a manual is in my future since the ECU doesn't need to talk to the tranny at that point anymore. I know the physical wring on the tranny itself is easy enough to swap Reverse lights, Neutral switch etc... and the hardware is cake but the ECU is the real issue. I remember for Imprezas you can swap in the Manaul ECU and just add or remove a ground but you also needed to swap the ABS pump as the manuals and autos are different and there is a timing belt guide that's goes on the block that keeps the belt on the cranks drive gear that manual cars had but Autos did not because there was no potential shock between shifts on the Autos. Not sure if the Legos are the same but my engine is Chain Driven and it is not an issue for me.

The easiest way would be to swap in the manual dash harness and ABS pump but that only works for GTs as my car is a 3.0r and there was no option for a manual.

I do plan on attempting a 5mt GT swap into my 3.0r at some point but I need to finish my EZ36 swap and then let my wallet have a breather lol.

Johann

• 8 months later...

Archived