LegacyGT.com

IAG 2005-2009 Subaru Legacy Floor Mat Bracket Group Buy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine today and installed it in about 15 minutes (13 minutes looking for the wrench, 1 minute installing the bracket, 1 minute admiring my handiwork). All I can say is "WOW!"

This is seriously one of the best mods I've ever done.

First of all, the packaging is immaculate. The product comes in a pristine white box -- a model of minimalism more reminiscent of the latest techno gizmo than a lowly auto part. Only Apple comes close the exhilarating unboxing experience but even Cupertino's design prowess comes in a distant second.

The actual product is equally (if not more) stunning. The finish and hand-feel are both top-notched. Who designed this? Dieter Rams? Sir Jony Ive? Someone get Tim Cooke on the line because I've found the next design genius and he works for IAG.

Installation was a breeze as previously mentioned but that's when the fun really gets started. The IAG Floor Mat Bracket does its job and it does it well. The bracket holds the floor mat down so well it'd make Sir Isaac Newton question his theory -- is it gravity or just millions of microscopic IAG brackets that keep us all from floating into space?

But that's just the beginning! The entire driving experience is made better. Driving this car feels new and fresh. The car feels firmer and more surefooted through twisty-turn and corners. Braking is more powerful yet incredibly predictable. The car idles smoother than ever and I've been able to squeeze a couple of extra miles out of a gallon of petrol. Throttle response is greatly improved. My headgaskets have stopped leaking. I haven't had the chance to put the Legacy on a dyno but I'd guess this simple bolt-on is worth a few extra horses.

Thought about upgrading to the 2015 WRX? Rip up that $30,000 check and send IAG $30 via Paypal. Then invest the difference in low-fee index exchange-traded fun. You won't be disappointed. I am high right now.

Archived