LegacyGT.com

if i wanted to buy a built engine..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
read my click here link to see the right way to do it.

How much does one save by buying the short block over the long block? I searched your thread for the the word long block and did not see and cost comparison in the posts that came up.

Unless your heads are toast, you don't need a long block.

Are yours toast ?

I think the long block is very expensive, more then a $1000. You should be able to find the price on one of the Vendors Link on the blue bar up top.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Unless your heads are toast, you don't need a long block.

Are yours toast ?

I think the long block is very expensive, more then a $1000. You should be able to find the price on one of the Vendors Link on the blue bar up top.

I dont need a rebuild yet that I know of. Just thinking about it.

You should be fine with your heads. They are easy for the machine shop to rebuild.

I see your new here, listen to the sound your turbo makes. If that sound ever changes, shut the car off. The cars came with throw away turbos.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You should be fine with your heads. They are easy for the machine shop to rebuild.

I see your new here, listen to the sound your turbo makes. If that sound ever changes, shut the car off. The cars came with throw away turbos.

He has a JmP turbo. He's gonna be just fine. :cool:

Archived