LegacyGT.com

has anyone painted the rear plastic bumper cover

rallispec

Guest *Jedimaster*
oh..., mine comes painted :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/widthonthecar2.jpg

I was gonna ask you about that- I thought you painted it- didn't realize the GT wagon came painted.

yet another reason wagons suck ;)

yeah...not to mention our sunroofs are bigger;)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I actually like the black section on the sedans.

I think it looks okay on the white and silver cars - the contrast is nice.

But I dont like it on the blue or red cars.. it just doesnt match very well and looks like they forgot to paint a piece.

Looks fine on my car...:confused:

not insulting your car -- it does look fine, i just think it could look better. I think that painting it matching would look good. Thats why i'm wondering if anyone has done it yet, it'd be nice to see pictures.

it looks good on the wagons.

not insulting your car -- it does look fine, i just think it could look better. I think that painting it matching would look good. Thats why i'm wondering if anyone has done it yet, it'd be nice to see pictures.

it looks good on the wagons.

I like the break in color. That's probably why my grille and lip are both black...:D

what was done to the tail lights of the red one?.

Those are the tail light covers with the reverse light cutout. www.Jinsu-Power.com has them. I've got them on mine too and they look pretty good.

I don't mind the black part on my car. Personally I don't even notice it. I would have an issue with it on any color other than Regal Blue or Black. It does look like a part that they forgot to paint and it would drive me nuts. It blends in with Regal Blue and doesn't look so out of place.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01900.jpg

The bad part is that I don't think this is something you can detach from the rest of the bumper. If you did want to paint it then you would have to carefully mask off the rest of the bumper and cover it so you don't get overspray all over the place. This is after you remove it from the car, of course.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

if you still want to know it has been done on a very nice white Gt.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502&page=22&pp=10

here is the link to a pics of this.

yeah once i saw that i wanted to do it. except im going to mold it so theres no line. just one smooth bumper. hell yes.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived