LegacyGT.com

Do I have the record?

No BS. Apparently I'm the only one who has proof. I really wanted to go for 450, but there just wasn't time, and I had to get gas. Oh well.

Not to worry fellas, the new tank is back to a more reasonable 22 mpg so far ;)

Did you miss the point where I said it took tremendous willpower? I don't worry about gas, but sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself! :lol:

Oh, and yes, the car is stock. If you would like to donate money to my AP fund though, I'd appreciate it! ;)

Pretty crazy gas mileage, good for you for pushing the limits to see what it could do

That's the kind of range I try to go for in KILOMETRES, not miles!

Ha!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA

With my new "no-highway" commute, I am down in the 16-17 mpg range. Ugh. My best tank was in the mid 300's, but I have a heavy foot.

I would be very pleased with anything in the 400 mile range. Nice job.

I Don't under stand you buy a high performance car and worry about GAS:confused:

If gas is that important to you why don't ya buy something like a Honda?:cool:

That is a retarded question and statement. It isn't that gas is so important hahaha.....About 2 months ago gas wasn't $3.50 a gallon either. So even the toyota hybrid people are more worried then before.

Doesn't matter what kind of car you own you still have to put gas in it. And when it DOUBLES you are spending DOUBLE what you were on gas no matter what car you have. So if you can drive a little differently to save some $ and stretch a tank then it is worth it for some people.

Personally spending $50+ a gas tank puts a pinch on me. So yeah I am worried about it and dont hit the fun peddle as much anymore. Doesn't mean I shouldn't own a performance oriented car.

Maybe you are rich, i dunno :rolleyes:

I Don't under stand you buy a high performance car and worry about GAS:confused:

If gas is that important to you why don't ya buy something like a Honda?:cool:

I don't think Brady drives like this all the time; he was just trying to see how good the mileage could be. That was a great job, and it just shows what the car is capable of.

^^^^

Thank you for getting it!!!

I didn't even start off planning to do it, just noticed that on a lazy drive to the lake, I was getting great mileage ... made me wonder how much I could pull out of it. I'd love to break 450 sometime, but I doubt I ever will care to try this again. :shrug:

Yeesh, I think I've done pretty well if I even get to 300 on a tank. *shrug*

Come to think of it, I think I've managed 375mi on one tank at something approaching 27mpg. Only happened once in this car's lifetime (driving from Seattle to Bend, OR), and included a 10-mile-long stint through the Warm Springs Reservation at 140mph. (I have an AP.) Gas mileage wasn't so good for that stretch, as you might imagine. :lol:

Well I was a disbeliever until today, I had an idicated high of 29.7 (at about 100 miles in)and a round trip average of 29.1 indicatated over about 150 miles. Fort those of you familiar with Colorado, it was a trip from Fort Collins to DIA through Brighton (I-25 to 7 to 85 to 120th to tower to pena), DIA to downtown for lunch and back to FTC via I-25 all of while keeping it at least at 70 on the highway and a few bursts to 80 to keep up with traffic, looks like my magic speed is under 75. Apparently if you can keep your foot out of the turbo you can get NA fuel economy. I also had a total of 3 adults and some luggage in the car on the way home.

Also, my last tank was 1.1 lower than the indicated MPG, not TOO bad.

I do miss that aspect of my APR'd 1.8t A4, I could keep my foot in it ALL THE TIME and never get below 22 mpg, even around town, and I had a high of 30 on the highway with it (measured not indicated). I think that subaru should revamp their part throttle fuel/boost map, if I want boost, i will put my foot in it, otherwise, hang loose. I think APR had their maps down pat in that regard.

I did the whole MPG thing for a while - seem to average around 22.

Yes, if I keep it under 70 I get closer to 26 mpg.

Most of my driving is SoCal freeway - and the flow of traffic is 80.

Hell, on the Corona freeway today, it was more like 90!!!

On the streets, the car is too much fun not to get a little boost on :D

You know, the difference is a $40 fill and no fun vs. a $44 fill and lot of fun.

Much cheeper than a movie.

I usually keep it @ 55mph on the freeway. Yes i stay all the way all the way to the right. The realtime indicator fluctuates between 27-36 mpg depending on the terrain. So far at 97xx miles i average 24.9 mpg. Not too bad but gas here is $3.59 on base and $3.80 out in town so its worth it. Just filled up today and it was $51 exactly.

Well I was a disbeliever until today, I had an idicated high of 29.7 (at about 100 miles in)and a round trip average of 29.1 indicatated over about 150 miles. Fort those of you familiar with Colorado, it was a trip from Fort Collins to DIA through Brighton (I-25 to 7 to 85 to 120th to tower to pena), DIA to downtown for lunch and back to FTC via I-25 all of while keeping it at least at 70 on the highway and a few bursts to 80 to keep up with traffic, looks like my magic speed is under 75. Apparently if you can keep your foot out of the turbo you can get NA fuel economy. I also had a total of 3 adults and some luggage in the car on the way home.

Also, my last tank was 1.1 lower than the indicated MPG, not TOO bad.

I do miss that aspect of my APR'd 1.8t A4, I could keep my foot in it ALL THE TIME and never get below 22 mpg, even around town, and I had a high of 30 on the highway with it (measured not indicated). I think that subaru should revamp their part throttle fuel/boost map, if I want boost, i will put my foot in it, otherwise, hang loose. I think APR had their maps down pat in that regard.

That's real good mileage for the Legacy.

Was your A4 AWD? If not, that's probably the reason it was so much better than the Legacy on gas. AWD adds a lot of rotating mass that tends to lower the efficiency of a drivetrain. If the A4 was AWD, that's awesome mileage!!

Hi all! New guy here. May I throw my .20 cents in? (Inflation ya know). I drive from Colorado Springs to work in Denver everyday. My best in my WRX, (driving like a true Granny), was 29 MPG average on the money. My best in the LGT....... 26. We also have an F-250 with a V-10.... Needless to say, right now, it gets the best MPG out of any of them..... It's been parked for 2 months...

I usually keep it @ 55mph on the freeway. Yes i stay all the way all the way to the right. The realtime indicator fluctuates between 27-36 mpg depending on the terrain. So far at 97xx miles i average 24.9 mpg. Not too bad but gas here is $3.59 on base and $3.80 out in town so its worth it. Just filled up today and it was $51 exactly.

Hey, I was in Oahu about 2 weeks ago, and I rented a Malibu Crap.

First, everyone in Oahu drive 50 mph - even on the freeway!!

We drove the whole island 300 miles in 2 days, and not once was I able to go more than 50 mph!!!!!

It's cool, Hawaians talk slow, drive slow and live slow - healthier and happier I might add.

Also, Subi has a good presence in Oahu, lots of Impresa's and WRX - lots of 2006's, but I only saw 1 Leg - Silver wagon - just as we were going to the airport.

Yes the A4 was AWD, I keep forgetting they make FWD versions too.

That's real good mileage for the Legacy.

Was your A4 AWD? If not, that's probably the reason it was so much better than the Legacy on gas. AWD adds a lot of rotating mass that tends to lower the efficiency of a drivetrain. If the A4 was AWD, that's awesome mileage!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I think that I might just hold the record now.

Here's my drive: 40 miles, each way between Boulder, CO and Highlands Ranch, CO every day. There are lots of uphills and downhills on each leg of the trip. About half of the trip is on a two lane road (60 mph) and the other on a four lane road (70 mph). I do have a few lights to go through at different points but usually only get stopped at about three or four of them each way.

This was horribly painful to accomplish and I don't recommend it to anybody. I feel that I have truly earned the 10 MPG I'm hoping to get out of the next tank of gas :)

http://www.little-stuff.com/images/miles.jpg

A little hard to read, but that says 467.8!

http://www.little-stuff.com/images/mpg.jpg

Yes, 31.2 MPG over this tank. By far the best I have ever got.

http://www.little-stuff.com/images/gas.jpg

It looks as if I probably still had a few more miles left to go also. I was getting scared at this point and didn't want to push my luck any further.

Happy motoring!

Chris

:lol:

Man, after "going Stage II," I haven't been able to climb out of the 18 MPG range, yet.

Yes, I've been having fun. :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Well you are actually at 30.1 about 1.1 MPG lower than indicated which is what I think everyone is conceding to the indicated MPG being off from actual.

I had over 200 miles on 1/2 a tank too at one point. 30 MPG is possible with our LGTs.

Sadly, I think that I might just hold the record now.

Here's my drive: 40 miles, each way between Boulder, CO and Highlands Ranch, CO every day. There are lots of uphills and downhills on each leg of the trip. About half of the trip is on a two lane road (60 mph) and the other on a four lane road (70 mph). I do have a few lights to go through at different points but usually only get stopped at about three or four of them each way.

This was horribly painful to accomplish and I don't recommend it to anybody. I feel that I have truly earned the 10 MPG I'm hoping to get out of the next tank of gas :)

A little hard to read, but that says 467.8!

Yes, 31.2 MPG over this tank. By far the best I have ever got.

It looks as if I probably still had a few more miles left to go also. I was getting scared at this point and didn't want ot push my luck any further.

Happy motoring!

Chris

Archived