LegacyGT.com

overboosting

I think I am over boosting. I hit 16.18psi today on my accessport. I am running the Cobb acn91 sf stage 1 map. My only idea is I might have the boost control solenoid lines backwards from when I had the manifold off. Does anyone have a diagram of the solenoid so I can check?

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

In the back of the service manual you'll find pictures of how things work/flow The 2005 should have the answer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Cold weather can make the car overboost. I recently when stage 2 with my 09' after puting on a catted Dp. A few day's later the cold air moved in. when merging into one highway from another I dropped it into 3rd gear and went WOT. Got a CEL, I had an idea what it was, I put the car in neutral, pushed in the clutch, turned the car off/on four times the CEL went out. I kept on driving, the CEL has not come back on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Cold weather can make the car overboost. I recently when stage 2 with my 09' after puting on a catted Dp. A few day's later the cold air moved in. when merging into one highway from another I dropped it into 3rd gear and went WOT. Got a CEL, I had an idea what it was, I put the car in neutral, pushed in the clutch, turned the car off/on four times the CEL went out. I kept on driving, the CEL has not come back on.

You cycled off/on four times while rolling on the freeway?

You cycled off/on four times while rolling on the freeway?

Yes sir. I normally get going about 75-80mph so I don't lose to much speed.

Safety tip, don't do it while driving around a curve. ;)

Sometimes after the second start I need to gain speed again before doing it two more times.

I think I am over boosting. I hit 16.18psi today on my accessport. I am running the Cobb acn91 sf stage 1 map. My only idea is I might have the boost control solenoid lines backwards from when I had the manifold off. Does anyone have a diagram of the solenoid so I can check?

I'm guessing you did not get a P0244 overboost check engine code but just watching the min/max on your ap correct?

I have not looked at the cobb ots maps in quite a while but If I'm not mistaken they target 15.5psi + or - 1psi on their stage 1 maps so your actually right on par and if this was done in a higher gear at lower rpm *ie highway speeds* this is 100% normal for the ots maps boost control strategy. I would be concerned if you start seeing over 16.5psi or so on the stage 1 maps. Obviously a log would need to be done to verify everything else is doing as it should but just based on your description it sounds like its doing what cobb intended on your particular vehicle

Hope this helps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived