LegacyGT.com

Finally got some pic's taken! of my gauges!

ScoobyLife

Looks great!

Cubby door still functional, too, correct?

Great job! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I did exactly the same thing this weekend. I want to put in a oil pressure gauge instead of temp though. Let me know if you find a connection point on the engine for one. Does your cover close and did you hook up the gauge lights?

Ralph

On a side note:

I didn't cut anything whatsoever to the cubby, its still in perfect condition.

I ran the boost line out the top where the LED use to be (pops right out), I ran the right gauge wires out the right small hole in the cubby and ran the left gauge out the left small hole.

The Bezel holds the gauges straight, the gauges will hold themselves in place (they wedge in just enough not to move) and belive me they do not move at all ( but I can get them back out without any problems and they just slide back into place).

They are pro racing series gauges (Defi look-a -likes).

I'll try and get those dimensions for you next time I take it out (maybe this weekend)

Man I can't find these gauges online anywhere. Is that who makes them, or just what they are are called?

Also, is there a kill switch for these gauges? Say you are driving at night but you have the cubby door closed, if the gages are on, I would think the cubby would be glowing or something. But if there is a kill switch, then you could simple turn them off when not in use.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I'll get the measuerments on the bezel tonight hopfully. I used the power from the DRL (Daytime Running lights) that I disabled for my HID's, I used a 2 in hole cutter (used for drilling door handle holes for doors, and a little sand paper after to make them fit just right). The gauges fit just right in the cubby and wedge just perfect to not move (the bezel just keeps them spaced just right and makes it look professional).

I searched this site on previous installing guages in the center cubby and just adapted the use of the DRL connection I had avalible.

Archived