LegacyGT.com

getting the itch for a turbo automatic

thanks for the suggestion, not a big fan of the new legacy body style though.

KBB values for my part of Colorado never cease to impress me. every asking price seems high until i check KBB. i would hope i can talk them down to $18 or $18.5. assuming there are no major mechanical issues, it is a very nice car

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2008 would have less headaches in regards to:

- No cat in the up pipe

- No banjo bolt filter feeding the turbo

- VF-46 turbo > VF-40 found in 05-06 (doesn't appear to fail as often)

$19.5 still seems a bit high for a now 7 year old car, but I suppose the low miles account for that. That is also approaching WRX/STI price levels....but I understand you want an automatic. If you didn't want to deal with turbo headaches, there were a few 3.6R sedans down here at Heuberger around that price range- they are all automatics and have similar power levels to the turbo without the need for 91 octane.

I would agree on the price being a bit too high for an 08

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

It looks like a dealer in Boulder just got a '08 LGT with 53k in for $16,491, 1 owner, clean carfax. The thing is, autotrader says its a AT, and the dealer website says 6 speed manual with overdrive? Probably AT and a mistake on the dealer website. A couple weird things on the carfax though.. AT pan gasket replaced @ 33k(so it is in fact AT), and oxygen sensor replaced @43k. Just seems odd that those went bad in less than 50k miles.

any recommendations on price? keep in mind this is Colorado where they fetch a premium

Yea I cant really compare I guess I got mine in maryland... but it was an 07 with 1 owner and 53k miles for $14,500

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

CO does demand a premium- especially up in the Denver area.

I wouldn't say it unusual for sensors to be replaced- my wife's brand spanking new (then) '13 Forester needed a new oil pressure sensor at 15k- it happens.

$16k is more doable- but sounds a little fishy as a dealer price. Worth a look at.

As for the $19k one, start down lower at $17k. They have a price in mind, and likely will settle with you around $18k, but you might be able to get lower. Dealers sell used cars for profit- so they will always ask higher than it really worth.

hey, good luck in your search, i stumbled upon your post and rarely come here but FYI i just listed my 2006 legacy gt ltd w nav. pkg on here.... low miles 43k (i fly a lot), single owner. runs perfectly. loaded. stock. florida driven the entire time--none of the problems from rust belt states. the dealer said to ignore the (brake line) recall notice as a result. i really do love my car but got a job in nyc next month and can't keep it up there. best wishes, and happy holidays to all.

I noticed that, it's just the lighting. In real life the paint is great. Here is the major stuff the dealer found :

Needs the following

30k service

1 hub and bearing replacement (which really means two)

Trans/brake/coolant flush

Timing belt advised

Along with all the other small stuff, it totals about $3k worth of work @ the dealer (which I have to use b/c they would give me a loaner car)

What do you guys think? I offered $14,500 and the seller simply rejected the offer. Trying to get a counter offer now. Mind you this is a 1 owner, 36k mile 2006 LGT and it had a minor crash once

I can't recall...is this a dealer or private party? Either way if you've got other vehicles in mind then inform the seller you're going to investigate some other options and if they change their mind to give you a call.

private party

Is this the one in Greeley? As an FYI KBB private party sale for a 2006 Legacy GT Limited is slightly higher than $13K. Your offer of $14,500 seems more than reasonable (yes, I'm aware of the differences in these pricing guides...use it to your advantage).

if you match all the kbb info/specs/mileage/options to what this seller has, their asking price is right there @ KBB level.

they are staying quite firm on price, so i am not too interested anymore

Took it to a Subaru dealer 2 towns over. They found

a small oil leak ($175)

Alignment needed ($90)

New tires needed ($700)

New air filter ($25)

Rear brakes have 20k miles left, fronts have 65k miles left

KBB "fair market price" from a dealer is $19,500

Subtract those repairs for $18,500

I bought it for $18,250 (this is before taxes/dealer fee)

Your thoughts?

Yea the I would definitely wanna know about that oil leak on an 08 at that price point.. also how did you determine the amount of life left on the brakes? I would think that would depend on driving style... some wear through them faster than others lol anyways good luck with everything! Post some pictures soon

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

the leak was the o ring on the line to the oil cooler, according to the dealership. they said it was not a big deal...is this common? is it a serious concern or a sign of other possible big issues?

Archived