LegacyGT.com

pause before car turns over

Quick question not sure where to look maybe battery or alternator I don't know but on cold mornings like 40 degrees and below when I go to turn my key over there is a 4 second pause before the car starts to turn over I'm not sure if thats normal or not but I don't think it is just wondering what it could be

Clean the battery cables and make sure they are tight.

Your close to having a 5-6 y/o battery, might be time to think about replacing it. 6 or 7 years is about normal life.

Winters coming fast...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

We don't get much more than a few years of life out of batteries here in Michigan, i'm actually surprised that yours is still cranking. You may want to go ahead and replace it flat out. Nothing sucks as bad as being stranded with a dead battery in winter.

Yeah I think it may be stock its one of those batteries where ya gotta add water to the cell or whatever total junk haha but I think this weekend I may look into getting a new one and yes shorty I'm located in York around the mount wolf Manchester area

Archived