LegacyGT.com

Official Crystal Black Silica Thread (2015+)

rob_m

Is it just me or is the does the Liberty appear to have a better paint job than the Legacy? Saw another member with the silica black and I thought, "Man, look at that shine..." Also, If the outside is that nice, I can't imagine the interior. Edited by Timothy.B

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is the does the Liberty appear to have a better paint job than the Legacy? Saw another member with the silica black and I thought, "Man, look at that shine..." Also, If the outside is that nice, I can't imagine the interior.

I didn't want to rub your U.S. noses in it but since you mention it...

It's probably that the trims between all four windows on each side of the car are painted gloss back on Aussie cars versus unpainted plastic on U.S. cars. It makes a big difference. Plus our front grilles are painted gloss metallic dark grey instead of silver plastic.

Plus tigger's car looks amazing.

Edited by 3.0R-AUS

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I'm not sure if the Japanese paint is better than the US paint, though I also have Opti-Coat paint protection on my car. It's only really noticeable when it rains as it does bead up really nicely.

I think there's a couple of things that make the Oz Liberty stand out a bit more than the US Legacy - clear lenses on the indicators, chrome trims on the foglights and as 3.0R-AUS says the trims on the front grille and door pillars. These are all little details but all together it makes a difference.

Also some colours work better than others with the trims and wheels. A clean black car with silver trims almost always looks better than most other colours. The trick is keeping it clean... :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Damn that road looks like a lot of fun to drive! :cool:

Yes it is quite a road. The climb has 17% grades and is used once a year for a one mile hill-climb event - The Mount Alma Mile: http://www.mountalmamile.com/

Agree, that looks like a great road! What road's that, tigger?

Mount Alma Rd, Inman Valley: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Mount+Alma+Rd,+Inman+Valley+SA+5211/@-35.4783599,138.5070278,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ab145d55a94ca93:0x878697a4b0e4edf3?hl=en

But just after the hill it turns into a dirt road so if you want to stay on the tarmac you have to drive from the Inman Valley side.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Became a proud owner of a 2.5 Pre, yesterday. If it wasn't black, I wouldn't be posting here, but I'm running the tan interior. There's something about tan on black that just oozes class. First order of business will be tint.

First Sub for me, but the family has had them for years (first new car in my life after a trail of used car dating back to 1995). Dealer made me feel like I stole it, I think I might have.

Driving for two days, more to come!

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rustedbucket

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...