LegacyGT.com

How much psi can i push safely!? 09 LGT HELP!!

Got a Legacy gt 5mt, SPT intake, turboxs bov, 3" catless dp, ap at stage 2.

How much psi can i run safely? i hit peak at 19.7 and i dont want my turbo to blow. Please let me know How much is safe! Thanks

A mild spike, especially in cold weather, is fine. You're using an AP with an OTS map so there's nothing you can do about it anyway. The only way to rein in that spike is to get it custom tuned.

Your SPT intake isn't "compatible" with the OTS Stage 2 map, BTW. The MAF needs to be rescaled.

19.7 does seem a bit high though, even for a spike. Under what conditions are you hitting that? You may want to get the LWG map.

Shows the targets:

https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtuningweb/site/maps/subaru/map_notes/SUBA_US_LGT_07-09.pdf

Cobb dosent have intake maps, not for 09.

I actually just downloaded LWG stage 2 from cobb which lowered it to like 18.5 peak.

I think ill be fine.

Also how accurate is the ap Dyno? i got 308 whp and 355 tq

Isn't there problems with the spt intake because where the MAF sensor sits? It sits right in the middle of the bend causing a vortex or something like that causing the MAF to go screwy. Let me see if I can find it and if it relates to this....

Even 18.5 is bit high, when tuning with my old VF40 we saw huge flow restrictions that made increasing boost past 16lbs not have much effect. The compressor design is just too restrictive to flow enough air, regardless of pressure, to increase power. You need both pressure and flow for a real increase, you can max out one for your car, but you'll see diminishing returns without improving the other.

See Ed's posts with graphs here: http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=535

There's a reason he doesn't push past 16.

Im not spiking 18.5. With my lwg stage 2 im constant 18 psi. With regular stage 2 im spiking peaking 19.7. With weather at about 40 degrees ferinheight.

I have no knock, and im at constant 14.7 afr. Runs perfect with no retard. im at 86k miles

Altitude has an effect on it too.. im going to take a guess and say that your high psi is due to a wrong restrictor pill. Order the oem restrictor pill for the vf46 and throw it on and see if it makes a difference. I had the opposite problem before because of the restrictor pill

Can anyone explain why my AP v2 would register an extremely high wtq whp on stock motor and a 5eat.

There are too many assumptions on the part of Cobb to make a quantitative analysis of the performance gained.

Unless Cobb magically know the mass of the vehicle and occupant, they will assume the average GVW of the LGT.

In this case, acceleration and velocity are calculated from the car's vehicle speed sensor and plugged into the above calculation. Acceleration is likely determined from the VSS by dividing by time.

A 10% error in mass is highly possible and will result in large errors. These errors will be exacerbated by other inaccuracies in the measurement of time, VSS, and the derivation of the VSS to find acceleration. If Cobb also neglects friction (possible), then you may see even larger errors introduced.

what exactly is a restrictor pill?

In the short hose off the nipple on the turbo outlet to tmic there is a pill with a hole in it, that black hose should have a white line on it. You can feel it if you squeeze the hose.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

In the back of the service manuals there is a picture of the vacuum system.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived