LegacyGT.com

Upgrading speakers on premium trim

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are people with 6-speaker on Premium Trim happy enough just replacing the door speakers and not replacing dash speakers? Wondering if it's worth replacing them. I'm looking at the Kickers for the doors.

Crutchfield doesn't show anything compatible for the dash speakers. I saw in the other thread someone used pipe clamps to mount small tweaters. I'm wondering if this is too complicated to have Best Buy install? I've done self install before but don't want to risk messing something up on my brand new car. My old car was a 1997 Legacy so didn't care too much if I ruined a door fastener or two :)

im installing 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. geek squad said they will make a custom mount for the twetters that go on the dash. i but the k Series Kickers that go for $229.00

im installing 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. geek squad said they will make a custom mount for the twetters that go on the dash. i but the k Series Kickers that go for $229.00

Please follow up with photos and what you think of the speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I really woundnt know how to put it or describe the sound but its a big upgrade from the stock speakers. it just sounds glorious. a sub would be a really good add for bass but the bass on this isnt bad at all.

i just bought the pioneer avh-4200nex. im going to install that next. and let yall know whats up

• 9 months later...
Sorry if the question makes no sense. What would you guys and gals say about installing a 2-way (no crossover) in the front door without changing the stock tweeters on a premium? I ask because I am not sure if I have the skill to re-wire if I choose to go with a crossover based speaker system for the fronts

I just really need help with removing the door panels. Anyone?

Use a preferably plastic pry tool and get between the door panel and metal at the bottom. Pry out enough to get your fingers underneath and start pulling. Don't be too gentle, if you are you'll screw up the clips. Quick firm pulls work best for releasing them.

Also don't forget the screws, one in where the door handle is and the other in the pocket you use to pull it closed.

• 4 months later...
Use a preferably plastic pry tool and get between the door panel and metal at the bottom.

I used a plastic snow scraper to pry underneath, but later found it was quicker and easier to just grab underneath the plastic near the door hinge. I've taken my doors apart this way several times while adding sound dampening.

Speakers should be in tomorrow. Going to run off factory HU until I decide whether to add an amp for the doors or just for a Sub.

JBL GTO609 Component Speakers for front (need to mount tweeters)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANI3LAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_25WuzbZW8QE82

JBL GTO629 for rears

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANIECRQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_W5WuzbG2CS99E

• 11 months later...

Archived