LegacyGT.com

Is the 05 Legacy full of electrical gremlins?

icehousewvu

I'm just curious to know what others are thinking. I've had some odd things happening like my cruise control disengaging and SOA's repeated attempts at fixing it with no success. One of the techs at my local Sube dealer mentioned that Subaru switched to a new vendor for wiring harnasses and that he suspected that this was the cause of many of the problems he was seeing in 05's.

I've only had one electrical issue at this time and it only happened once: Started the car, CD/radio/ACC would not work at all, pushed every button, nothing. Then, figuring I'd at least try to get the CD's out of the player before taking it into the dealer, I pushed the eject button and viola, everything started working again. This has not happened to me once since that first time.

I've only had one electrical issue at this time and it only happened once: Started the car, CD/radio/ACC would not work at all, pushed every button, nothing. Then, figuring I'd at least try to get the CD's out of the player before taking it into the dealer, I pushed the eject button and viola, everything started working again. This has not happened to me once since that first time.

Quite a few have had this situation happen once, myself included. This was almost a year ago, haven't seen it since, just like the majority of people here.

I've also had the passenger seatbet warning light and chime activating with no one present in the seat. I believe several others has posted about this as well. And of course the "ill" issue which many seem to attribute to accidental contact with the knob. I'll have to check on the build date. The tech I talked to a my local dealer really didnt get into specifics but just made sound like they were seeing alot of electrical problems in both the gt as well as the i.

Just the other day my radio kept switching from CD to FM, or whas it the other way around?..I'm not sure..but it was as if I wanted to listen to one thing,a nd the car wanted something else!:mad: It's happened one time before this, but it hasnt happened since i turned the car off and started it later on the same day....It's just liek Windows...shutting it off fixes all the problems!

All the lights on the air conditioning and radio displays went out while driving a few days ago, but the units continued operating normally. They stayed off the next time I drove it but they came back on the second time I started the car. They have functioned normally since.

Archived