LegacyGT.com

Squeaking JDM rear swaybar.

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*

I have the JDM rearsway with AVO endlinks and Whiteline bushings. It's been fine since the install, but now I'm getting a squeak that seems to be coming from it as well as a bumping sound over rougher surfaces. It doesn't look like anything is hitting under there- and the endlinks are adjusted to the stock length and show no signs of having bumped anything.

I'm thinking of taking the bushings out and reapplying the grease to them to quiet things down- I used the entire contents of the grease that came with the bushings to make sure there was no noise- is it possible it's kind of washed away or something under there?

Jedi - swap back to stock endlinks and see if it improves. Unless you lower the car signifcantly, you won't need them anyways. I had noise issues for a long time....turns out one of the AVO endlinks was bad. They made a running change in the design and I got a bad one....they will swap it out for you if that's the issue.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hmm- good suggestions- thanks guys- I'll try the teflon tape first and if it doesn't fix the problem I'll switch to stock endlinks and contact AVO.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Thanks again guys- went out at lunch and got teflon tape and some more of that white goo- gonna wrap the bar near the bushings in the tape and slather some more goo on- wish me luck!

Guest *Jedimaster*
hehe. You said 'goo'. Makes me think of Stewart's mom on MadTV...the skit where he gets lost in the mall and the security guys take him to the office. :lol:

Jim1969 is trying to go into my Danger Zone :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Haven't had time to mess with it yet, but it's on my mind. Was gonna do it tomorrow night but have a 3 hour mandatory meeting form 6-9. I'll post up when I get under there.

Its all temporary fix with grease, white grease, anti-size grease or teflon tapes. Manufactor will need to replace bushings with teflon. Just like old days on Chevy Cavaliers (squeak over bump), we had to replace all of the front sway bar bushings with newer bushing with teflon. And, all labor cover under warranty with Chevy...

Archived