LegacyGT.com

What unavailble product do you want?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd buy a set for sure. It'd be a super simple bushing, you'd probably be able to get the outer piece from a standard supplier, and then the inner piece you may be able to get standard as well and then just bond them together. Actually finding a way to create rubber bonded parts would be the only issue I can see. You could probably find a steel sphere of sufficient diameter, then just build a jig to hold it for drilling, and bore out the bolt hole. Anyone have precise dimensions of the stock bushes?

I get so tired of poly this, and poly that, especially on the LCA bushings. Because poly isn't made to flex in that way! Of course it fails!

This one?

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag47/boxerwerks/Fabrication/bcc9e45ef8d381669805f73e12f572ec_zps56e4700d.jpg

I saw that haha. Seems like it'd be a bit nuts for my dd. I'm probably going to go with the group n bushings. Also good luck with the whiteline, I've seen the exact same thing.

I saw that haha. Seems like it'd be a bit nuts for my dd. I'm probably going to go with the group n bushings. Also good luck with the whiteline, I've seen the exact same thing.

If it happens again I'll try and source GroupN bushings. I don't have a press and I have no room to store one. The labor for this installation is too much. Hate it.

Curious how much NVH that has.

Interesting, that is the same place that sold me my Whiteline bushings for the front control arm and they also allow pickup. I haven't installed my Whiteline stuff yet and you guys have me rethinking getting them installed.

Wow the prothene stuff is super cheap.

Interesting, that is the same place that sold me my Whiteline bushings for the front control arm and they also allow pickup. I haven't installed my Whiteline stuff yet and you guys have me rethinking getting them installed.

I like the Avo / whiteline stuff. Only issue I have with avo is that it failed. Hoping whiteline lasts longer. I think a lot have had good luck with GroupN - I just don't know where to find those pieces (it's not sti control arm bushings)

You'll find the group n stuff easier looking for "2008 sti" bushings. I just looked 'em up and had a bit of sticker shock, yikes, $65 a pop for a bushing. Maybe I'll consider the prothane el cheapo bushings hahaha

You'll find the group n stuff easier looking for "2008 sti" bushings. I just looked 'em up and had a bit of sticker shock, yikes, $65 a pop for a bushing. Maybe I'll consider the prothane el cheapo bushings hahaha

Here is the link to the GroupN stuff.

http://www.rallispec.com/mou_bush_rstbk3.html

Would Prothene be any better than whiteline? Seems like it's all polyurethane?

Here is the link to the GroupN stuff.

http://www.rallispec.com/mou_bush_rstbk3.html

Would Prothene be any better than whiteline? Seems like it's all polyurethane?

Saw that on rallispec. That's my thought as far as the poly bushings. I don't think it's an issue of the manufacturer as much as it is the nature of poly bushings. I'd say they're better in that they're super cheap.

Frankster has a thread about creating a air rear suspension setup. I think all that needs to be done is air bag mounts fabed up. That would be pretty cool for carrying heavy loads.

I just went with king springs though. Have yet to really use them though.

I also wish there was some way to fab an air conditioning vent to the rear to get my dogs out of my arm space.

Archived