LegacyGT.com

Rotor replacement

Yes, contact one of the vendors here and get the rotors for your car. A lot have good luck (including myself) with centric premium rotors.

I am trying to get hawk rotors for my car because I know someone who can get them for me but they only list them for the 2006 lgt not 2005. Are they interchangeable?

I am trying to get hawk rotors for my car because I know someone who can get them for me but they only list them for the 2006 lgt not 2005. Are they interchangeable?

2005 - 2009 rotors for an LGT (just make sure its GT) are all interchangeable.

The other Legacy models have smaller rotors.

KNS brakes seem to you guy's buy from.

I like to use Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com or m sprank at www.infamousperformance.net or pm underdog he can get you what you need.

You need rotors for a 2005-2009 Legacy GT, get some nice pads too, my wagon runs Hawk ceramic all around.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I run Centric cryo rear, dba 4k front and Hawk hps5.0 love it. Next time i will do DBA blanks upfront or wait for cryo centric fronts they where on back order.

Mind u lgt brakes are a huge upgrade for us obxt guys. :)

The vendors here are all stand up people and support the forums. So buy from one of them.

KNS brakes seem to you guy's buy from.

I like to use Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com or m sprank at www.infamousperformance.net or pm underdog he can get you what you need.

You need rotors for a 2005-2009 Legacy GT, get some nice pads too, my wagon runs Hawk ceramic all around.

So you run the hawk ceramic pads? I am confused on which hawk pads to get haha. Its just weird because they list the brakes for a 2006 LGT but not 2005. Just wanted to make sure!

Yep a 06 and 05 are the same, I have put my 09's rotor's on my 05 I have both cars, they are the same.

Email Mike at AZP tell him your cars info. he will sell you what will work. I like the ceramic's for my DD the wheels stay cleaner. You can tell Mike I sent you.

It sounds like your not into modding the car. You'll be fine with what Mike will get you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yep a 06 and 05 are the same, I have put my 09's rotor's on my 05 I have both cars, they are the same.

Email Mike at AZP tell him your cars info. he will sell you what will work. I like the ceramic's for my DD the wheels stay cleaner. You can tell Mike I sent you.

It sounds like your not into modding the car. You'll be fine with what Mike will get you.

I am I just don't have a lot of money because I am a college student haha

Focus on college right now, do the basic maintenance the car needs, hint, GT's need a lot. Great bang for the buck, but you have to pay to play.

You came to the right place to ask questions. Don't buy anything for the car until you've heard from us.

Ask away.

Focus on college right now, do the basic maintenance the car needs, hint, GT's need a lot. Great bang for the buck, but you have to pay to play.

You came to the right place to ask questions. Don't buy anything for the car until you've heard from us.

Ask away.

Anything else I should be doing?

I have been replacing small items as I think or when doing the weekly or by-week walk around of the car.

Winter is coming.

How's the battery ?

Last Fall I replaced both radiator caps. The rubber seals were looking old.

I clean the MAF sensor about this time of year.

Make sure the air filter is clean.

Here you might like this, 05 GT's start around page 1604 http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Check the drive belts, if they show sign's of cracking replace them before winter.

I have a combo of Centric Premium rotors and EBC redstuff brake pads coming for the front of my car that I'll put on probably next week. I'll let you know how those feel for a possible replacement option.

Archived