LegacyGT.com

SFW Only: Post your appropriate pics- Volume-3 (CLOSED)

SBT

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My life to a tee. Throw a wife into the pic and it's perfect.

This is something that doesn't work in our family. We can't get together that often, so when we do, the social media devices are stowed. No one answers their phone or checks their feeds until afterward.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

SBT makes a great point and I aspire to be that guy.

Truth be told, my kids are young enough that I can still rule them with an iron fist, and ban them from portable devices for a school week at a time. But those days I fear are numbered.:lol:

But the pic showed me glimpse of what might become of me in a few years.

Now, my wife, whom I love, cannot put the phone down between the start and stop of a 30 minute show. It really bothers me. Even an HGTV designer show, which she has chosen.

She is completely dependent on me for all technological issues, and I often think that if maybe, somehow, her Facebook app got deleted from her phone, she would never again figure out how to get it back.:lol:

(Unless she went over to one of her girlfriends house and got them to re-install it, after they were buying more throw pillows at Home Sense.)

My kids are young, but I can foresee this happening in a few years.

We went to a BW3's a couple weeks ago while visiting my wife's brother in IL. They now have 8" tablets that connect to the Playmaker system instead of the old LCD game thingys. All four kiddos grabbed one and was completely occupied.

It was the quietest dinner ever. I didn't have to get up once to take them potty the entire meal.

I nearly hugged our waitress and the manager. :lol:

And Gire, I feel your pain with my wife's phone. She can't keep it out of her hands for more than 10-15 minutes unless she's sleeping.

my kids have always been under the rule that dinner time and family time was no phone/ computers time, and at 17 they are really good at staying focused on family stuff. i do give them some nights to zone out during dinner and such, but they have learned the difference between the types of meals. my brothers kids are attached at the brain stem to their tablets. both are under 12, and it seems their heartbeat fades the farther their games get from their physical location. i want to smack the hell out of them sometimes.

My wife has much more issue with the hours that I spend on all the Legacy forums and the Subaru FB groups than I do with the 3 times she checks FB each week. But I never do it while we are watching TV shows together. When she gets naggy about it, I do take the opportunity to remind her that when her BMW needs fixing, the BMW forums and Youtube save her an average of $700 per repair by enabling me to do the work instead of to taking it to a shop. ;)

Archived